DIY Coffee Bar

$0

Since my blog break wasn´t planned, I still have some half-finished projects and blogposts, which I finally like to show you. Among other things, I will also show you more of my studio, which, despite my ostrich imitation, I have rearranged three times over the last half year. Nothing says dissatisfaction with your life like cursing alone at night while pushing 100 kilo cabinets through the room.
I love everything associated with coffee and I have spent many happy moments in front of mobile coffee stations. So almost the first thing I´ve built for my studio was a coffee bar (okay, a coffee/tea bar), which was ridiculously easy to build and which still satisfies me to no end.
As you may have guessed, you do not need much material for the coffee bar: two pallets, a wooden board, a bit of paint, and you can get started. First, I roughly sanded the pallets to reduce the general splinter danger and then I placed them sideways to one wall. My wooden board had by chance already the correct length and was already coated so that I only had to sand it roughly again before I painted it white. You should always sand wood before painting, this way the paint lasts longer. After the varnish was dried, I simply laid the board across the pallets. The board itself is so heavy that I did not have to fix it to the pallets. Sometimes gravity is quite useful (says no woman ever).
To add a bit of color, I painted a couple of the front boards and that was it.
The upper board is from IKEA, by the way. However, I screwed some hooks into the bottom of the board for my cups.
To see more of my projects, just visit my blog :-)

15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Ronja Lotte

• Lisa

Did you nail the pallets together An are they nailed to wall

• Alice

not necessary Lisa as pallets heavy & the heavy board on top keeps it all solid. put in front of powerpoint & run leads down back to hide. Me personally wd put the cup hooks on front of pallet & even the shelf cd b screwed between pallet sleeves - saves your wall. Made similar one on my outside deck with the pallet seatg :)

• Jan Fahrnkopf

Did you anchor it to the wall?

• Margaet may

Why would you use pallet wood in a setting where food is served? Most pallet wood is treated with toxins. Studies have shown E. coli present. It may be free wood, but it not suitable for home use or especially in your kitchen.

• Inf49572421

Your answer is partially correct. Most pallet wood is not chemically treated if intended for domestic use. If it doesn’t carry a stamp or marking, then it was used only within the U.S. and is most likely already safe to use indoors.

• Dawn

I'll be right over for coffee! Love this idea!

• Margaet may

In addition to dangerous pathogens such as E. coli, listeria, and salmonella, wooden pallets may also harbor health hazards such as: ... Pathogens from bird droppings, insects, and rodents. Carcinogens such as formaldehyde