DIY Coffee Bar

$0

Since my blog break wasn´t planned, I still have some half-finished projects and blogposts, which I finally like to show you. Among other things, I will also show you more of my studio, which, despite my ostrich imitation, I have rearranged three times over the last half year. Nothing says dissatisfaction with your life like cursing alone at night while pushing 100 kilo cabinets through the room.
I love everything associated with coffee and I have spent many happy moments in front of mobile coffee stations. So almost the first thing I´ve built for my studio was a coffee bar (okay, a coffee/tea bar), which was ridiculously easy to build and which still satisfies me to no end.
As you may have guessed, you do not need much material for the coffee bar: two pallets, a wooden board, a bit of paint, and you can get started. First, I roughly sanded the pallets to reduce the general splinter danger and then I placed them sideways to one wall. My wooden board had by chance already the correct length and was already coated so that I only had to sand it roughly again before I painted it white. You should always sand wood before painting, this way the paint lasts longer. After the varnish was dried, I simply laid the board across the pallets. The board itself is so heavy that I did not have to fix it to the pallets. Sometimes gravity is quite useful (says no woman ever).
To add a bit of color, I painted a couple of the front boards and that was it.
The upper board is from IKEA, by the way. However, I screwed some hooks into the bottom of the board for my cups.
To see more of my projects, just visit my blog :-)

Ronja Lotte

• Vaso Karayianni

How you placed the pallets?? Back to back??

• Jannette

I am trying to fond a post on a really unique way of hand sewing. It was posted about 6 weeks ago. It would be so unique being able to apply the stitch and pulling the thread to make the stitches invisible.

• Lisa

Did you nail the pallets together An are they nailed to wall

• Lisa Austin

I just used a banker's rack

• Maude LaFountain

I love it but I think I would try it with taking a few pieces of the wood off the front pallet and try to make me a couple of shelves in between the 2 pallets that way you have space to put other things like more coffee or tea bags and the sugar etc etc ....