Ronja Lotte
Ronja Lotte
  • Germany

DIY Coffee Bar

$0

Since my blog break wasn´t planned, I still have some half-finished projects and blogposts, which I finally like to show you. Among other things, I will also show you more of my studio, which, despite my ostrich imitation, I have rearranged three times over the last half year. Nothing says dissatisfaction with your life like cursing alone at night while pushing 100 kilo cabinets through the room.
I love everything associated with coffee and I have spent many happy moments in front of mobile coffee stations. So almost the first thing I´ve built for my studio was a coffee bar (okay, a coffee/tea bar), which was ridiculously easy to build and which still satisfies me to no end.
diy coffee bar, outdoor living, painted furniture
As you may have guessed, you do not need much material for the coffee bar: two pallets, a wooden board, a bit of paint, and you can get started. First, I roughly sanded the pallets to reduce the general splinter danger and then I placed them sideways to one wall. My wooden board had by chance already the correct length and was already coated so that I only had to sand it roughly again before I painted it white. You should always sand wood before painting, this way the paint lasts longer. After the varnish was dried, I simply laid the board across the pallets. The board itself is so heavy that I did not have to fix it to the pallets. Sometimes gravity is quite useful (says no woman ever).
To add a bit of color, I painted a couple of the front boards and that was it.
The upper board is from IKEA, by the way. However, I screwed some hooks into the bottom of the board for my cups.
To see more of my projects, just visit my blog :-)
Ronja Lotte

• Carla

I would like to make a dollhouse for my sister out of crates any ideas

• Linda

I made my daughter one out of a freezer box. Put a window n door in it. Taped cloth to inside wall for curtains. Painted flowers to lower outside wall n made it look like flowers growing. Nice thing was u could fold it up n slide it under the bed when she wasnt playing in it.

• Janet

Why not remove two of the boards from the pallets and mount shelves inside to keep supplies at arms reach? It would be very nice.

• Susie

How did you mount that board on the wall without brackets??

• Donna

They have hardware you can buy for mounting shelves