DIY Skateboard Shelfs

$30

Skateboard shelving comes in handy for unique storage! Perfect touch for any home with a skater in it! These are beyond simple to install and I have them all over my home. If you don't have new skateboards you can use, recycle old ones. Let's get started!
diy skateboard shelfs
Materials are listed below.
diy skateboard shelfs
Step 1: Mark with chalk above the skateboard holes where you want this shelf to live.
diy skateboard shelfs
Step 2: Place your bracket right below the chalk mark and screw into the wall!
diy skateboard shelfs
diy skateboard shelfs
Tip: If you have a level and are terrible at hanging like me, you can run it across with a pencil to ensure 100% you aren't going to step back after all said and done then be bummed since it's not level.
diy skateboard shelfs
Step 3: Screw in the other bracket at the top and use an eraser to remove the pencil marks if you did my tip from above!
diy skateboard shelfs
Step 4: Insert both flat top screw.
diy skateboard shelfs
Step 5: Place the skateboard below the bracket and screw the hex nuts on (this is if you are hanging it high and people can look up to see it, you want the graphic to show). Place the skateboard above the bracket if you are hanging it low so you just have the top of the board - in my opinion it looks cleaner!
diy skateboard shelfs
Step 6: Ensure the hex nut is screwed as tight as possible. Step 7: Before painting the metal the color of your wall... After!
diy skateboard shelfs
Step 7: You can paint the top of the brackets to match your walls!
diy skateboard shelfs
This is after! You can go as crazy as you want or as not so crazy, your call! I love mine though and hope you enjoyed it as well.
diy skateboard shelfs

• 2 corner braces  (Hardware store)
  • 2 screws per brace (for one shelf, that’s 4 of these screws - do the math and buy as many as you need)  (Hardware store)
  • 2 flat head machine screws with hex nuts  (Hardware store)
Rachel Metz

• Lucy Padilla

Do make a hole in the skate board?

• Rachel Metz

No you are using the holes that are already there. You need to just make sure the screw that you get to secure the bracket and the skateboard together is the correct size!

• Lucy Padilla

Do you have to drill holes in the skate board first?

• Rachel Metz

• Katie Hunt Traylor

How do you have that many old skateboards "around the house"?

• Cl.ebbing66

Great idea and the shoes fit perfectly.......and are magical to as the shoes stashed there become like new. LOL!

• Trish Curtis

I am so excited to do this in my son's room! He has a smaller bedroom and not alot of storage space so this would be perfect! He's been skateboarding since he's been 4 and he's almost 9 now so we have quite a few boards.. he is going to love this! Thanks for sharing!

• Rachel Metz

That is so awesome! My boyfriend skates for a living so tell him to not give up.