Homes.com
Homes.com
  • Norfolk, VA

DIY Centerpiece Glitter Trees

The season is the perfect time to create in your home. Try this project by Jennifer Hadfield from Tatertots & Jello to add a little holiday spirit to your home.

Supplies:

Tree Forms (I used one taller and two shorter forms)
Glitter Yarn (I was able to make all three trees with only one roll or yarn) I show three different yarns in the picture above to show some different yarns that would be pretty as a wrapped tree.
Round wood circles for the bases of the trees (I stacked two circles together for two of the trees, and only one on the other – to create different height trees)
Fabric to cover the trees if your forms are greenHot Glue Gun and GlueLittle Bells or other embellishments for the tops of the trees
Glitter Tape (American Craft brand)Gold Spray Paint (I used Rustoleum’s Pure Gold)
Directions:
• My forms were green so I had to cover them with white material first, just in case the form showed through the yarn. If you have white forms, you can skip this step.

• Then I started wrapping the tree forms. I hot glued the end of the yarn to the bottom of the tree form and started wrapping. As I wrapped, I pushed the yarn down to the bottom of the tree.

• I just kept wrapping and pushing down until I got to the top of the tree. Then I cut the yarn and glued the end to the top of the tree. If you want to cover the very top of the tree, you can cut off a length of yarn and wind it in a small circle the size of the top of the tree and then add a little hot glue to the top of the tree form and attach the rolled yarn to the top.

For the full tutorial visit here: http://blog.homes.com/2013/11/diy-holiday-glitter-trees-tutorial-olioboard-tutorial/
project decor
diy centerpiece glitter trees, crafts, seasonal holiday decor