Error loading player:
No playable sources found
Kara S.
Kara S.
  • Hometalk Team
  • Houston, TX

4 Pringles Can Hacks

$15

You can't tell me you've never made the duck face with 2 Pringles anytime in your life. I mean, who doesn't love Pringles? With all my empty cans I've decided to create 4 can up cycles using 2 large and 2 snack size containers.
4 pringles can hacks
I first used the red container and wrapped it in silver striped wrapping paper and hot glued it to the can.
4 pringles can hacks
Next, I used a silicone hot pad and inserted it inside the container. This fit almost perfectly.
4 pringles can hacks
This made a perfect hot tools holster! With the hot pad inside, this makes it pretty heat resistant, making it the perfect cooling place for when you are finished using it. Not to mention it matched my decor perfect!
4 pringles can hacks
For the next can, I painted it with chalk paint and added a chalkboard sticker. I cut 2 crisscross slits in the lid push the bags through.
4 pringles can hacks
This made the perfect shopping bag storage! No more pesky bags taking up the entire space under my sink. Now they are all rolled up and in the perfect dispenser.
4 pringles can hacks
Next with the smaller container I wrapped with paper and attached a magnet strip to the back.
4 pringles can hacks
This was the perfect pen and pencil holder to use next to my notepad on my fridge. I can never find a pen when writing my grocery list and now I have them all in one place! This upcycle is so versatile!
4 pringles can hacks
Finally, I used a snack sized container and wrapped it in marble contact paper. I then cut a half circle out of the bottom of the can with an exacto knife. I put small cotton pads inside and replaced the lid for this project.
4 pringles can hacks
Voila! The perfect cotton pad dispenser! This is great for kids or just to keep organized! This also looks great on your counters and saves space.
4 pringles can hacks
Now you have the perfect excuse to eat as many Pringles as you want. I mean you're doing it for the DIY, right?

• Pringles Cans  (Grocery Store)
  • Wrapping Paper  (Target)
  • Silicone Pad  (Christmas Tree Shops)

• Arlene S. King

About the "silicone pad" you said you got at a Christmas store....could you not find them in "kitchenwares" in almost any store??? (what size was it?) Also, your pad, as pictured, looks a lot like the kneeling pads I use in my garden.....but I know they would melt if a hot tool were to touch it!

• Rmk

Dollar Tree also has them...

• Bonnie

How did you get the greasy feel and potato chip smell outback of the cans?

• Dawn Miller Emde

My Pringle can holds bookmarks, pens, letter opener and hair ties.
    , I used my sons school picture and stickers I put the lid on the bottom to make it non scratch and my letter opener fits on the cardboard lip it was a full size and it s now 15 yrs old
  • Maude LaFountain

I love all these Idea's and I have some pringles cans I have been saving for some kind of project...now I got 4 of them I can do ....thanks for posting ....