Melly
Melly
  • Orangeville, UT

Headboard Makeover

I found an old waterboard headboard this summer at a yard sale and purchased it for $10.00, wait till you see what I did with it.
headboard makeover
Here is a picture of the headboard before I started to remake it into a TV stand.
headboard makeover
The first thing I did was sand down the entire piece. Once I had it sanded, I stained the top and the center section with the oval with American Chestnut stain.
headboard makeover
This is how it looked after staining the top and center section.
headboard makeover
The next step was painting the rest of the piece with a dove grey. I used Chalk paint because I wanted the aged look that chalk paint gives my projects. Once I had it painted, I waxed the entire piece with a brown wax to age it even further.
headboard makeover
After I had the painting completed, I added barn wood slats to the back of the piece to give it that Farmhouse style that I have decorated my home with.
Then I took a turquoise medallion and secured it to the back of the oval to give it a custom look.
headboard makeover
The final step was to add some decorative trim across the entire top and bottom of the piece to unify it and make it look more like a bookshelf than a headboard.
headboard makeover
Here it is all loaded up with my treasures.
headboard makeover
Here is a view of it in the room.

• Sand paper  (ACE hardware)
  • Minwax American Chestnut stain  (ACE Hardware)
  • Chalk Paint  (walmart)

To see more: https://humptydumptymuralmagic.com/gallery-2/living-spaces/