How To Spot Clean a Microfiber Couch

72K Views
When we redecorated our living room we purchased our first microfiber couch and didn't realize until our dog Chanel slept on it the first time that she drools in her sleep. How unladylike! And, we didn't realize how much it would show on the microfiber. So our options seemed to be either get rid of the couch (never!), get rid of the dog (Chanel would never allow that), or figure out how to clean microfiber.
In doing online research I learned that water shouldn't be used on microfiber so I found some how-to's for using rubbing alcohol or vodka (non-water based liquids) and then buffing with a brush. I was a little nervous about using any kind of liquid at all on the couch, so after stewing about it for a day or two, and giving Chanel the stink eye, I decided to save the alcohol for better uses (vodka tonic, anyone?) and go straight for the brush. As you'll see below, the results were fantastic!
Time: 5 MinutesCost: $0Difficulty: Easy
  • how to spot clean a microfiber couch, cleaning tips, how to, painted furniture
Ugh!! My couch! Chanel's lucky she's cute or she'd be out in the cold.
After allowing the offending spot to dry, take a soft-bristled toothbrush and lightly scrub in a circular motion to buff out the spots.
Next, smooth out the nap.
Voila! The couch is as good as new.

Suggested materials for this project:

• Toothbrush
Angela at farragio