Hanging Cleaning Tool Hack

$5

Are y'all ready for a super inexpensive and easy organization hack for your cleaning tools? Don't blink or you'll miss it! I've seen this same hack floating around the internet for scarf organization but when you're in need of a solution for your jumbled broom sticks, you improvise and find a way to make them look organized. Because I don't have as many cleaning tools as my in-laws do, I decided to help them out and do this project at their house. They have a ton of Swiffers, brooms, mops and dusters hanging against their pantry shelves. We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

You can organize your own closet this spring, with our expert organizer, Meggie Mangione by signing up to our online group workshop.

hanging cleaning tool hack, cleaning tips, tools

SUPPLIES: -Wooden hangers (any hangers will work but these are inexpensive and to me, look nicer. Also, the more hangers the better, because I always need more hangers in my closet.) - 12 pack of clear plastic shower curtain rings

STEP 1: Attach shower curtain rings First, I opened a curtain ring and placed it around the rod of the hanger.

STEP 2: Place cleaning tools on shower curtain rings Next, I laced the shower curtain ring through the end hole/hook of each cleaning tool. *Note: your cleaning tools are going to want to slide to one side...try and even out the weight of the cleaning tools so that the hanger sits straight on whatever rod/hook you have it hanging from.

STEP 3: Close shower curtain rings Once the cleaning tools were all laced through the shower curtain rings, I snapped the rings closed. I love easy projects that create tidiness! Now that these cleaning tools have a nice place to hang together, I don't have to worry about them being propped up against the wall in my closet anymore.

I love easy projects that create tidiness! Now that these cleaning tools have a nice place to hang together, I don't have to worry about them being propped up against the wall in my closet anymore. *Note: if you don't have a rod that sits high enough off the ground to hang your longer cleaning tools, simply grab a tension rod at Home Depot, Walmart or another store that carries them.

• Dee

How about S hooks and you just close the end around the hanger? Easier to get cleaning tools off

• Rosalie Peck

Where do you hang your coats?
    • Gar2275764

You can get S shaped hooks in any garden center and probably at Walmart. They are really inexpensive.

To the person who said why why not just hang them directly on the closet rod, using the hanger puts them in the closet in a line, front to back. Hanging directly on the rod would take up a lot more rod space that you probably need for other things — in my case, coats. I’ve had to appropriate space in my coat closet for my broom , mop, etc., as there’s no other place except the utility room, which is on a different level and totally inconvenient.
  • Jennifer Brennan Wayne

What happens if the weight is not balanced? Won’t everything just slide to one side?
    • Kay

I agree with previous answers. There multiple
      things you could so to create Balance without things sliding. I'd try clips or
      clothes pins. Spacers.

• Patricia

Love the idea and the comments. A lot of food for thought on a brilliant idea!
  • Gaylynn Jump

To stop them from slid'ing all you have to do is, put a clothes pin between each shower hook :)