Decorative Hanger DIY

I found a bunch of boring wooden hangers and knew that they could be so much more. I decided to decorate them in an effort to organize my home and keep it looking pretty at the same time when I needed to store items in plain sight.
Our home was built in the 1920's as a summer cottage - you can take a peek at some of it here - and it has virtually no storage.
I figured pretty hangers would be easier on the eyes.
My inspiration came from a roll of gorgeous (and very cheap) wrapping paper.
I have crafted with hangers before when I made my book page magazine hanger - you can see that pretty project by clicking here - so I chose flat hangers to work with, since I knew that the curved ones would be harder to trim.
I started by dabbing decoupage gel on to hanger.
Then I put strips of the paper on the hanger and pressed them in place. When they were secure, I went over the top of the wrapping paper with more decoupage gel. When the top was dry, I trimmed the excess paper away and added a twine bow.
Inside the closet or out, my hangers look great...and now, when items are stored outside the closet, they look like decor instead of something that needs to be put away.
To see more tips and paper trimming tricks and the other ways I have used these decorative hangers around my home, come visit me!

Kim  |Exquisitely Unremarkable

• Lee Pac

How well do they hold up to ordinary use?

• Carey

When I decoupaged with Mod Podge, It never got over being a bit sticky and I have no idea Why. So I have never used it since! So what do you do to get them to be shiny yet not sticky!