IKEA Hack Adds Kitchen Storage

We use every inch of every space in our kitchen. It's a large kitchen, and we use it all. My mother recently pointed out that we had some wasted space at the end of a cabinet, and she suggested we build a book shelf there for my cookbooks. I took her idea and ran with it and came up with a great IKEA hack that adds kitchen storage that we love.
IKEA sells little spice racks for just around $4.00. I bought three of them and spray painted them white to match our cabinets. Then my husband, who is quite handy, measured, calculated, and hung them on the end of the cabinet.
This is the way the cabinet looked before we hung the shelves. It was just a blank bit of wasted real estate.
These are the shelves that we used for the hack. They make great spice racks, but in my world they make even better bookshelves. They are sturdy enough to hold three to four books.
There are certain cookbooks that I use over and over. Now they are perfectly organized in this one specific area. I no longer need to search through our bookshelves to find a certain cookbook. They are right at my finger tips. Please visit our blog to see more kitchen and home ideas, please visit out blog, www.the2seasons.com

Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
The 2 Seasons

• Frances

I love ypur bookshelves. Can these be safely glued on if your cabinets are thin?
    • Erin

Depending how heavy the items you want to put on your shelf, you could use 3M velcro for picture hanging. No holes and no mess!

• Sheryls.aerials

Love it. What color is your wall paint?
  • Nic22894923

how did you attach the racks to the cabinetry?