Mark Montano
Mark Montano
  • Los Angeles, CA

Easy Stained Glass Window

Don't toss your broken glass pieces! Turn them into a beautiful stained glass window for your patio.
easy stained glass window
I used dollar store glass marbles
easy stained glass window
These windows were 18" x 36" and I picked them up for just a few bucks on Craigslist
Watch how easy it is to do here!
easy stained glass window
Once I finished gluing on the glass pieces I filled the window with a small layer of resin to smooth out the sharp edges. Worked perfectly! Instead of a torch to pop the bubbles, you can use a long arm lighter.

• E-6000 Glue  (Amazon.com)
  • Glass Floral Marbles  (99c Store)
Mark Montano

• Danny Leetch

Why do you have to use a torch or a lighter to finish making a stainglass window?

• To pop the bubbles that may appear while pouring the resin! Perhaps you could use a sewing (straight) pin! Just an idea!

• Danny Leetch

• Barbara Linton

Resin can form tiny air bubbles. A small torch or fireplace lighter softens the resin dissipating the bubbles

• Mer33674279

Already am presuming this is waterproof, right? It is marvelous and I want to try it as I have a good number of old salvage windows accumulated. but.......Can this stand up outdoors year round? Or should I change them out and bring them inside during the colder months?