Mark Montano
Mark Montano
  • Los Angeles, CA

Easy Stained Glass Window

Don't toss your broken glass pieces! Turn them into a beautiful stained glass window for your patio.
easy stained glass window
I used dollar store glass marbles
easy stained glass window
These windows were 18" x 36" and I picked them up for just a few bucks on Craigslist
Watch how easy it is to do here!
easy stained glass window
Once I finished gluing on the glass pieces I filled the window with a small layer of resin to smooth out the sharp edges. Worked perfectly! Instead of a torch to pop the bubbles, you can use a long arm lighter.

• E-6000 Glue  (Amazon.com)
  • Glass Floral Marbles  (99c Store)
Mark Montano

• Tamara Toppen

I love these windows! I live in Florida. I was wondering if these windows ( the glue and resin) will hold up outside? Would the heat negatively affect the resin or make the gems become unglued?

• Sharon Asenato

If you do not glue the glass gems to the window, will the resin itself hold the pieces ? In other words, do you have to glue the pieces to the window?

• Jill Ron Pike

It would help to glue the pieces to keep them in place since you don't want movement when you add the resin.

• Kellie Pope

Where is the link to watch how to do this stained glass window. It says "watch how easy it is to do here" but there's nothing to click on.

• Lag14253602

These windows turned out great! I have to admit I don't understand the purpose of the blow torch. I'm sure there is a reason you used it. Guess I'm afraid the glass would break. Beautiful job!

• Julie

I would try it if there was more instruction in this blog.

• Bernice H

Julie..try your hand with a glass picture frame. You will get the idea. I did several with dollarstore frames,tho I am getting ready to do more. I will go to good will,get betterframes with better glass. But for now,what I have has worked. Then you can practice by making a pattern of a sort. I use clear silicone,e6000 is too runny for me and I have had marbles on bowling balls and vases fall off in heat and cold with e6000. But marine glue..etc. meant for water ,weather..is tough. Just practice..it is fun and rewarding...I love what she has done,when I grow up I may try something more ambitious like this. It is gorgeous! 🤗🤗🤗. Oops HE......,! ,