How To Roll Plastic Shopping Bags

$0

Everyone has that 1 spot in their house that holds all the plastic shopping bags. For me, it's under the sink. I stuff them all in there until I need one then they all come flying out. What a disaster. I decided it was time to learn how to roll them into a space-saving dispenser! Heres how -
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)
We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
First, you fold the bag in half and press all the air out.
Next, you line the bags up. This is the important part - only let the handle from the second bag overlap the first bag. This is what will give you the dispensing effect.
You then fold the top handle back and begin to roll down.
You continue to roll and line the bags up, rolling downward only letting the handles overlap.
Finally, you should have something that looks like this!
My roll fit perfectly into an empty clorox container. I snapped the lid off, inserted the bags through the notches and replaced the cap.
It's so easy! I just sit in front of the TV and roll the bags every so often. It saves SO much space under my sink and not to mention it looks nicer.
Check out the video below to watch me roll the bags!

Clorox Germicidal Cloth Wipe, White, 6 3/4"(W) x 9"(L), 70/Container

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas

• Psy11497769
    Psy11497769

I am a sengager and I am having trouble lining up the bags correctly I watched the instructions I am missing something. in the process. what do I do?

• Ash22494743
      Ash22494743

Angela, this also makes the rolled-up bag look like a rose. So much nicer than the stuffed in way I used to do it.
  • Ton10743166
    Ton10743166

What do you do with different size bags
  • Donna
    Donna

FYI. I used a roll from wrapping paper , put a rubber band at 2 places, and just stuff the bags into the roll...no folding and stands easily in a corner. I use for yard pick up after the dogs so I have 2...one at each door outside.