Kaysi Gardner
Kaysi Gardner
  • Kennewick, WA

Shiplap Wall in the Master Bedroom for Less Than $100

$100

This past weekend we decided to give our master bedroom a much needed makeover. I think that your bedroom should be a place where you feel like you can relax and get away from the stress and problems of the world. Well our old design wasn't cutting it so we had to do some changes and I LOVE how it came out! The best part is that it only took a weekend to do and about $100!
shiplap wall in the master bedroom for less than 100, bedroom ideas
This is how the bedroom looked before... not very inviting or relaxing. It was just kinda blah.
So we headed to the home improvement store and picked up some wood and cut it into planks.
We nailed it onto the wall ad filled the nail holes.
Then I sanded, primed and painted it! Make sure to check out my blog post with tips and tricks that saved me tons of time when it comes to painting the wall!
And that's it! I then put in some new pillows, painted some cabinets for a more warm feel in the room.
Lastly I bought some fun lamps and wall art to make it look even better! Make sure you check out the blog post for a VERY detailed tutorial on how I did the wall, what wood I used and how I figured out what size to cut the planks.
Kaysi Gardner

• Serena Sult

I have looked all over this area for shiplap and no one carries is ..any other ideas.. I have checked HOME DEPOT and Lowes..
    Thank you

• Cynthia

you can also use 1x4's a little thicker but they would work as would 1x6's

• Debra Joseph

Cn the kind of wood you bought be stained to look like old hardwood does it have to be painted?

• Rachelle

Yes, you can stain it, or use a white wash to give that "older" farmhouse type look.

• Marie Friscia

If their is a wall outlet or two on the wall how to you get the boards straight and not cover it?

• Pat C

You did a really nice job on it. I have a wall in the living room that I would like to put shiplap on for an accent wall. Thanks for sharing!

• Kimberly Brown Reed

I love it. I'm going to do this with my grandchildren this fall in the livingroom and dining room. We will use plywood cut into strips for us. Many hands make light work!