Mary
Mary
  • Columbus, OH

Bright Idea for Winter Decor

Use repurposed vintage light globes to create a sweet winter decor display. You will be on the look out at garage sales and thrift stores to make your own DIY winter scene.
bright idea for winter decor, home decor
Have you ever seen those old glass light fixtures at garage sales or on thrift store shelves? I actually found a few on a Facebook Freecycle group. I picked them up right away. I just new they would be perfect to repurpose in some way.
For my winter decoration display, I gathered up the following items: snow batting, snow bird ornaments, a burlap monogram (how cute is the snowflake print!), decorated box and of course those fab vintage hobnail light globes.
The birds and monogram were actually found on Christmas clearance several years ago. And then this year I found the copper wire lights. How perfect for the light fixtures to light up!
In the end, I just love this sweet little winter scene. It's the perfect home decor for when the Christmas decorations come down.
Be sure to visit my full blog post to see tips on how I pulled this project together. http://missiontosave.com/winter-decorating-idea-using-repurposed-light-globes/
Mary

• Kathy A

Very pretty. I have been used flared Victorian-looking shades for years upturned with a candle in the center but have never seen the hobnail ones used for anything; lit up they are lovely!

• Mary

I bet yours look very pretty with candles inside. I just love the "pun" so to speak of using them lit up some way.