Personal Space Heater

$3

This is a simple and inexpensive personal space heater that you can move and take with you.

You'll need the following: Coaster (Mine are from Dollar Tree) Tealight (16 count package at Dollar Tree) Apple Slicer (I had mine, but you can get these at Dollar Tree.) 2 terra cotta pots, one smaller than the other. (Mine are from Dollar Tree) Lighter
Set the tealight on the coaster. The coaster is for protecting your surface area from the heat.
Light the tealight.
Place the apple slicer upside down and over the tealight. This step is what gives the tealight air so the flame will remain lit. I have had mine lit for over an hour a few times now and the plastic is fine - it doesn't get too hot. If you are at all worried you can use an all metal apple corer/slicer.
Set the smaller terra cotta pot on the apple slicer and center over the flame.
Place the larger terra cotta pot over the smaller pot.
It'll take a little while to warm up for the pots to warm up. When you're done with it, it will need time to cool down before you move it.
I put this one by my desk. It's great for a "hand warmer". You can add up to 3 tealights with this one. I did try it and the plastic got warm after being lit an hour - again you can use an all metal apple slicer if you'd rather. For more warmth - You can make these with bigger terra cotta pots and make a larger space heater too!
Please join me Tuesday, January 24th at 7pm EST on Hometalk Facebook Live! You'll see this and more tips on "warming" your home.
I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Chas' Crazy Creations

• CiCi

I think this is so cool. I Live where we lose power in the winter and I’m always thinking how can a get some form of heat until power is restored! Thanks for sharing this 💝

• Michelle

This is a good idea I'm going to try it out thanks I'll let you know how it works