Personal Space Heater

$3

This is a simple and inexpensive personal space heater that you can move and take with you.

You'll need the following: Coaster (Mine are from Dollar Tree) Tealight (16 count package at Dollar Tree) Apple Slicer (I had mine, but you can get these at Dollar Tree.) 2 terra cotta pots, one smaller than the other. (Mine are from Dollar Tree) Lighter
Set the tealight on the coaster. The coaster is for protecting your surface area from the heat.
Light the tealight.
Place the apple slicer upside down and over the tealight. This step is what gives the tealight air so the flame will remain lit. I have had mine lit for over an hour a few times now and the plastic is fine - it doesn't get too hot. If you are at all worried you can use an all metal apple corer/slicer.
Set the smaller terra cotta pot on the apple slicer and center over the flame.
Place the larger terra cotta pot over the smaller pot.
It'll take a little while to warm up for the pots to warm up. When you're done with it, it will need time to cool down before you move it.
I put this one by my desk. It's great for a "hand warmer". You can add up to 3 tealights with this one. I did try it and the plastic got warm after being lit an hour - again you can use an all metal apple slicer if you'd rather. For more warmth - You can make these with bigger terra cotta pots and make a larger space heater too!
Please join me Tuesday, January 24th at 7pm EST on Hometalk Facebook Live! You'll see this and more tips on "warming" your home.
I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Linda Em
    Linda Em

Can you put ceramic tile or a silicone pad under it instead of the coaster

• Jamie Marie Buckner
    Jamie Marie Buckner

What about the plastic that also gets heated? Is this not an issue?

• NancyO
    NancyO

I love the idea, but my sister is always cold, so I'd like to make a larger one for her. Do you have any ideas about something to replace the apple slicer, in case the pot is larger than the grate space?

• Anna
      Anna

I have a larger version of the apple slicer that is meant for a cantaloupe it was from bed bath & beyond.