DIY Removeable Wallpaper

I’ve always wanted to hang wallpaper in my home. I love the beautiful patterns, plus it makes big impact in small spaces like mine.
As a renter, wallpaper can be tricky though. I avoid making any changes to my apartment that will require a lot of work when I move out. Moving is hard enough without having to repaint before leaving, or worse: losing a deposit!
I found a wallpaper pattern that I loved though, and decided to do a little experimenting. This DIY removable wallpaper in the kitchen is the result!
Cut out a piece of contact paper to fit your wall, then use a sharpie to draw the position of outlets (and anything else that needs an opening) on the grid side of the contact paper. Use a scissors or utility knife to cut out these openings.
Apply the contact paper to the wall.
Place the paper backing on your wallpaper and using it as a template, cut out the wallpaper to fit your wall.
Place your wallpaper face down, and then cover evenly with the spray adhesive.
Quickly apply the wallpaper to your wall.
The wallpaper made a huge difference in my tiny kitchen, and it came off cleanly when I moved.
Please visit my blog for more tons of extra tips and detailed step by step directions.

• Wallpaper or other decorative paper
  • Contact paper
  • Adhesive spray

20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Ginnie - Hello Little Home

• Cindy
    Cindy

So contact paper is removable and the wallpaper is adhered to the contact paper??

• Sunny Glow Elias
    Sunny Glow Elias

Does anyone know where this wallpaper can be found online

• Marie
    Marie

I have 3 question to ask.

1 I had removed old wall paper from my kitchen back splash. Now there are patches left from the paper of the backside, Do I have remove every inch or can I leave it.

2 I also have a horrible stain on the wall above and behind the stove. I am afraid it will bleed thru the contact paper. If so can I prime the whole wall?

3 Why use spray glue when the contact paper is adhesive?

Sorry there is so much however, I would appreciate any assistance.

Marie

• Barbara D
    Barbara D

Someone did this in one of my rentals and just left it. They did this on all of the walls and the countertops. I tried to remove it and it would not come off, or left a sticky mess. I kept their deposit as I had to hire someone to remove it.

• Tonya
    Tonya

Cool idea!!