How to Clean an Oven Window

$1

Here is a simple way to clean your oven window on the inside with no harsh chemicals.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

You'll need -

Baking Soda

Vinegar/Water Mixture

Squirt Bottle

Old wash cloths & towel

Optional - painters tape

*This above is my window on the inside of my oven. I did a test run of this in November after Thanksgiving and was happy with the results. My oven window isn't as dirty this time since it's only been 1 month but I wanted to share the directions with you.

I recommend laying an old towel on the floor under your oven door for anything that spills over.

If you have vents on your oven door, cover them with painters tape so nothing will get inside the door.

Cover the window with baking soda.

Squirt the baking soda with a vinegar and water mixture. I did a ratio of 1:10, 1 part vinegar, 9 parts water. (My squirt bottle has numbers to help me do this part).

You want the baking soda to get damp but not drenched. You are making a paste.

Get an old wash cloth wet and squeeze out the excess.

Start scrubbing the paste with the damp wash cloth. Gentle scrubbing is fine, it doesn't have to be hard scrubbing.

Keep working around the glass, if you see a black spot scrub at it a bit. It won't take a ton of effort.

I also scrubbed the black metal around the window and cleaned that up as well.

Clean up your mess. I used my vacuum cleaner, but you could use a small broom and dust pan. I recommend using a wet dry shop vac if you have a bag in your vacuum cleaner so it won't clog.

Wipe up the extra mess of baking soda. I did this a couple times.

When I thought I got most of it up, I got a fresh old wash cloth wet, squeezed it out, and wiped it one more time.

I am very pleased with how easy this was and how clean my window got with very little effort and no harmful chemicals.

*** Many of you have asked about cleaning BETWEEN the windows...

I have not cleaned between the glass doors yet, but you might look at this Hometalker's post...http://www.hometalk.com/9495000/cleaning-between-the-glass-on-an-oven-door

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

Chas' Crazy Creations