Chas' Crazy Creations
Chas' Crazy Creations
  • Fort Collins, CO

How to Clean an Oven Window

$1

Here is a simple way to clean your oven window on the inside with no harsh chemicals.

how to clean an oven window, appliances, cleaning tips, how to

You'll need -

Baking Soda
Vinegar/Water Mixture
Squirt Bottle
Old wash cloths & towel
Optional - painters tape

*This above is my window on the inside of my oven. I did a test run of this in November after Thanksgiving and was happy with the results. My oven window isn't as dirty this time since it's only been 1 month but I wanted to share the directions with you.

I recommend laying an old towel on the floor under your oven door for anything that spills over.

If you have vents on your oven door, cover them with painters tape so nothing will get inside the door.

Cover the window with baking soda.

Squirt the baking soda with a vinegar and water mixture. I did a ratio of 1:10, 1 part vinegar, 9 parts water. (My squirt bottle has numbers to help me do this part).

You want the baking soda to get damp but not drenched. You are making a paste.

Get an old wash cloth wet and squeeze out the excess.

Start scrubbing the paste with the damp wash cloth. Gentle scrubbing is fine, it doesn't have to be hard scrubbing.

Keep working around the glass, if you see a black spot scrub at it a bit. It won't take a ton of effort.

I also scrubbed the black metal around the window and cleaned that up as well.

Clean up your mess. I used my vacuum cleaner, but you could use a small broom and dust pan. I recommend using a wet dry shop vac if you have a bag in your vacuum cleaner so it won't clog.

Wipe up the extra mess of baking soda. I did this a couple times.

When I thought I got most of it up, I got a fresh old wash cloth wet, squeezed it out, and wiped it one more time.

I am very pleased with how easy this was and how clean my window got with very little effort and no harmful chemicals.

*** Many of you have asked about cleaning BETWEEN the windows...
I have not cleaned between the glass doors yet, but you might look at this Hometalker's post...http://www.hometalk.com/9495000/cleaning-between-the-glass-on-an-oven-door
I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Delma Barboza Saenz

how do i remove a glass from oven to clean

• Pipmin

If you want to clean between the glass there are two screws near the top of the door (toward the handle end) loosen and remove, clean away, may need a razorblade but its easy and doesn't scratch. My oven had 3 pieces of glass and the center one just slid out of its track for easy cleaning.

• Robin Nichols Austin

would this work on my cooked on food on my glass cooktop?

• Karen Karlen

I have a plastic pan scrubber that is square with 3 sides that are tapered, looks sort of like a spatula without a handle. Costs under $2 at the hardware store and no sharp edges to cut fingers!

• Larry Jackson

I've a stain between the front & back, maybe called vapor/venting area, oven glass door. I haven't used oven to cause the stain to appear.

How do I clean it?

• Lori Eckert

I have a wood stove that i save some ashes in a jar. Ashes with water make a dry paste an get a rag an wipe. Cleanse perfectly. I use it on the glass to fireplace, toast er oven door along with stove

• Adele

Definitely. I presently have a small brush head on a long handle. But now I have a perfect reason to designate the old broom to cleaning the tub and tile in the bathroom and buy a new broom for sweeping.