My Homemade Bradawl

Hi all this is a bradawl I made from used wood. I used a teak leg of an old coffee table that was given to me last week as they thought that I would like to use the wood for something..So I used one of the legs and turned it into a handle on my homemade Lathe.. I think my wife is going to keep it in the kitchen drawer for an ice pick, that is what she said to me lol
Once I had the rough shape turned out I started to fine tune it to the finished shape I wanted with sanding blocks and different grits..I turned the end to the desired diameter for the copper ring that is just a used piece off 15mm copper water pipe.
The main shaft/spike I used was an old screw driver that I shaped and sharpened on the bench grinder I then drilled into the handle and used Epoxy resin quick set to hold it in place and that set really well and it is very tight and does not move at all. The safety cover is a piece of Aluminum pipe that I polished on the lathe.
I then thought that I would use a little sawdust and a half log just to make the photo a little more interesting..

Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself