Asked on Jan 13, 2017

How can I make storage space after removing dishwasher?

MistiEroque022810Gon15135216
+10

I want to remove a dishwasher I do not use, but I can not find a cabinet to match the ones in my kitchen. Do you have any Ideas about what I can do. the cabinets were put in by Loews I really need storage space. Thank you!!!
  • Ulrike Crawford
    Ulrike Crawford

i would love to know that too , mine is broke and wouldn't use one anyway so it would be great for extra storage, anybody got any ideas
    thanks
  • Hillela G.
    Hillela G.

I'd say your best bet would be to buy a cabinet that works for your space and then you can always paint it and decorate it to match the your kitchen's style!
  • Jean Thompson
    Jean Thompson

I would just put open shelves in that spot that way you could put bigger pans in there or what ever you want.. you could put stuff you don't use toward the back and use Storage bins or Baskets at the front of the Shelves.. Decorative Storage baskets or bins come in all different finishes - wire Baskets, Oak Baskets, Fabric or canvas Baskets etc... or storage like Old Tins with lids, Wood Trays or Boxes..etc. Get a Friend to build you as shelf unit out of Plywood that would just slide into that space and just paint the edges Black or a shade of paint that would be close to your Cabinet color.. You can paint the whole unit ....
  • Bobbie
    Bobbie

Good idea thank you Hillela
  • Jane
    Jane

have a a shelf 1/2 as deep as cupboard then you can put stuff on shelf plus double the depth down below.
  • Toc15434384
    Toc15434384

If possible a cart measure open space this way you can pull cart out perhaps ?
  • Judy
    Judy

I would use plastic milk cartons, until you truly are comfortable with a discussion. Don't make a fast choice, for you may be sorry. This is my idea.
  • Judy
    Judy

One more thought .. only put the cases on top that you use the most, then as you go down, use the least used on the bottom. You can get the cases in diff colors, as well, or you can use contact paper, or some wrapping paper., this way, you can change the colors, as you desire.
  • Mke15639454
    Mke15639454

If it's a front loader dishwasher, you could use the racks inside to store items or large pots/pans not used very often. Then too you wouldn't have to fill the empty space a removed dishwasher created.
  • Gon15135216
    Gon15135216

I had a similar area when I had the trash compactor pulled
    out when I moved in. I had a deep shelf book case built. It slid right in and
    was then painted to match the cabinets. Looks like it was made that way. It is deep so there is storage in the back and then I have matching baskets in front for kitchen linens and such.

• Eroque022810
    Eroque022810

Gonzo I agree and since it is large area have wheels put on it and make it do double duty have top made so it can be used as a cart for counter space.
  • Misti
    Misti

I put a double trash can cabinet in! I love it. Hides the trash bin perfectly.