Shari Veater
Shari Veater
  • Coeur D Alene, ID

Valentine Rag Wreath

1 Material

Wanted a craft to do with my 8 yr old granddaughter, and finding a 3 tier wire heart form at Dollar Tree, we decided on a cute wreath!
valentine rag wreath, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, valentines day ideas, wreaths
I bought 3 yds each of the 2 different Valentine print material at a thrift store for $2.00 each....bargin right?!! I tore strips that were 1-1/2 inches wide, then cutting them 6 inches long. After having a big pile of the strips, i folded the strop on half and pulled the raw ends through the loop, pulling tightly. I did a few and my granddaughter caught on and took over for me. Now we will make a wire heart from a coat hanger and my sweetheart assistant Emmie, will make one by herself!
This is the back of the wreath, you can see the 3 tiers.

• Wire wreath form and Valentine print material.

• Bhs5137323

Where did you find the wreath form?

• Starryrain10

what knot did you use ? if you have the name I can look it up, thank you !

• Starryrain10

made my heart wreath and turned out so pretty,three other people want me to make them one ! so pretty THANK YOU SO MUCH !

• Tammy Spalsbury

Hi I have a question about the fabric wreath you made ? why do you half the fabric on the wire with the back side out. and are all of your strips 6" for the whole wreath?

• Tammy Spalsbury

Ok but I thought your directions said to put the fabric on back side facing out. Thanks

• Rembatb

Home is where the heart is!

• Celeta Carr

Thanks for the great idea! I picked up a wire heart form from the dollar store in February with no idea how I would use it & now I do! I have a beautiful ragged-edged quilt with loads of fabric left over....now to put it together 🤗