Mark Montano
Mark Montano
  • Los Angeles, CA

Upcycle Old Glass Flower Vases

Makeover your stash of clear glass vases with this easy gold leaf and confetti paint project!
It was a rainy afternoon and I needed some color so I started painting a bag of flower vases that were destined for a thrift store.
upcycle old glass flower vases, gardening
A little paint and easy-to-apply gold foil and you have something colorful for your home.
Watch how I made them here.
This could be done with several shades of just one color......Also, the Thermoweb Deco Foil (gold leaf) comes in tons of different metallic shades.
I used Americana Gloss Enamels for glass. I didn't bake these (which you can do to make the paint dishwasher safe) but I did add a coat of varnish to them when they were done.
Here's another old glass flower vase (and wine bottle) upcycle for you!

• Americana Gloss Enamels  (Amazon)
  • Thermoweb Deco Foil  (Amazon)
Mark Montano

• Cheri Linnig

I would like to do this project with my three granddaughters. Is the paint washable?

• Irene

I have Plaid Indoor/Outdoor Gloss Enamels and they are water based with soap and water clean up. The Americana paints are also water based.

• Can you pick up the vase from the handle you made or it's really just for looks. Just curious on how strong the hold. These are beautiful.

• Shirley Barton

I would ?like to add some good glitter and a bit of gold fool to some candles. Got any ideas?

• Lana

I couldn't agree more! FABULOUS ideas, very creative, & beautiful results!🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 I think I'll have to try this, I definitely have some old glass vases! Thanks!🤗

• Shirley Barton

UES! I have tons of vases. Can't wait to get started👍😄