Creating A Room For Relaxation

I always look forward to decorating for the holidays but when New Year's roll around, I am eager to put all the decorations away and tidy up around the house.
But today, I decided to enjoy a few moments of solitude and catching up with my reading in one of our guest rooms. This room has a double purpose. A guest room for family and friends a place for me to enjoy a bit of privacy and relaxation. The room has plenty of charm and sweetness. A serene space that makes it easy for anyone to take a little breather.
And that is my focus today, creating a private space for yourself in your own home. We all have such busy lives that we forget to take a few minutes for ourselves. I am so guilty of that myself but this year, I have promised myself that I will dedicate a few minutes to unwind.
This is smaller guest room in our home. We gave it a makeover a few years ago. As you may have already noticed, I have a passion for florals and romantic decor. And this room has a bit of a cottage feel. It is so dreamy!!
This room is also very bright. My goal has been to unify the rooms. It has certainly been a labor of love for the past 9 years.
The antique bed and nightstands were originally dark. We painted them beige and lightly distressed them. I do not like perfect pieces. I like things to have character and a worn feel.
We chose teal bedding for a pop of color. A rattan tray holds beloved collected items such as my pink floral tea cups and vintage ladies bust. And I always have to have fresh flowers. It is my weekly indulgence.
I have fun putting together room that is insta-dreamy.
I love adding personal details in every room. Pretty pieces for guest to enjoy but I too take the time to enjoy each room in our home. After all, it is a room worth admiring.
Details are everything when decorating and creating a space for total relaxation and bliss.
And candles are always a must. They add instant ambiance to any room.
So take the time to enjoy your home. It is our largest investment and should be enjoyed not only by your family and friends, but by the people that live in it. Create a room in which you can escape to. A room to gather your thoughts and re-connect. Large or small, you deserve it.
It is all about adding the things that make you happy.
A fireplace gives this room a cozy and warm feel during those cold winter days..
A comfy chair next to the fireplace is the perfect spot to curl up with a book and enjoy a warm cup of tea.
And every room needs a chandelier of course.

Rosemary & Thyme

• Connie

Love the idea of a fire place and comfy chair. I plan to use this idea in my new guest room. Thanks for sharing such a lovely room and for the inspiration.

• Rosemary & Thyme

Your are so welcome Connie. It is my pleasure and it makes me very happy to know that you will incorporate some of these ideas into your own decor. Thank you for stopping by.