How can I remove a decal from a drinking glass?

+11
I have some drinking glasses that came with decals and would like to remove them. Can anyone suggest a way to do this if it is possible?
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 15, 2017
    Decals as in stickers?
  • Waterdancer Waterdancer on Jan 15, 2017
    soak them in hot water for a few hours.
  • William William on Jan 15, 2017
    If they are actual stickers, WD40 should work. If the brand name is embossed and not a sticker, nothing you could do.
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 16, 2017
    I've had success with both WD40 and soaking in warm, soapy water
  • William William on Jan 17, 2017
    If the logo is printed on, CLR should remove it. Wear gloves, saturate a clean cloth and rub. Nail polish remover should work. White toothpaste on a damp cloth and rub.
  • Mary Jaeger Mary Jaeger on Jan 17, 2017
    Thanks!
  • Pat Brown Pat Brown on Jan 18, 2017
    if your decal is vynil put it in the dish washer that should help xx
  • Kyralee Kyralee on Jan 18, 2017
    I use Pam cooking spray to get stickers off of many things. Spray on a heavy layer, put the item in a container so the Pam doesn't get everywhere, and let it sit overnight. Once the sticker comes off, run the item through the dishwasher to remove the residue.
  • Nancy Lynn Baker Nancy Lynn Baker on May 24, 2018
    Try mixing enough oil, (vegetable or olive) with baking sodato make a paste. Rub this on with a plastic scrubber. Works for all gluebacked stuff on glass and plastic.