DIY Succulent Vases

After taking all of the Christmas stuff and packing it away, it was time to add some green to my coffee table. I don't have a very green thumb, and I love the way the artificial succulents look, so it was time to create something for them to be "planted" in.
diy succulent vases, flowers, gardening, succulents

I picked out three containers from my stockpile of saved empty containers. Round seemed perfect and these three were the answer!

I used some rope I had leftover from my coastal Christmas tree project and using hot glue, I just wrapped it around the containers, securing with hot glue as I went.

Do make sure you start at the very bottom, you won't want any of your can to show.

It doesn't matter what size containers you use, I cut down this Pringles can to be a little shorter and used the same treatment on it.

When you get to the top of your container, make sure you glue the rope securely to the top edge, again, you don't want any of your container to show when you are finished.

Push a piece of dry floral foam down inside the can.

Cover the floral foam with moss.

Stick in your succulent and you are done!

I ran out of the one size of rope so I mixed it with some twine. I really like the way it turned out!

Make your own vases! Get creative!

• Rope
  • Hot Glue
  • Recyclced containers
Celebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)

• Missy

I LOVE, LOVE,LOVE succulents and your idea is awesome, How often do you water? I have some that I give a tad of water weekly. I must buy some Pringles. Thank you for sharing.
  • Susan Crisco Sigler

Yes! I want to do this and have my own idea for making the cans engulfed with twine. I already have a spool of green twine just need a spool of natural colored twine. Do one can solid green, 2nd can In natural and 3rd can with both colors to bring them all together. My open kitchen and dining area is large enough to hold my informal table w/6 ladder back chairs and the arched wall that leads into our TV room is painted in a pretty sea green. I think this would be a great centerpiece on my informal table!! Thanks for a great idea and so inexpensive and will be a fun project! Susan