Asked on Jan 16, 2017

How can I keep my couch slipcovers in place?

Cynthia HKatherineClaude
+7

My couches have a lot of life left in them but the leather-like surface is peeling and looks ugly. I found some slipcovers I really like, I am just trying to figure out a way to keep them from roaming around as we sit on them. They are all tucked according to instructions. Tried the rolled up newspapers or pipe in the cracks, but it comes down off the top too. They just need more ..... convincing, to stay put. Thanks for your help.
  • Hillela G.
    Hillela G.

You can adhere Velcro to the underside of the slipcover and the couch. Place them in a few strategic spots, and you should be slip-free
  • Sarah Barron
    Sarah Barron

i agree with hillela, you can get sticky back velcro from most haberdashery stores that should do the trick x
  • Lonnie
    Lonnie

There are these wonderful things called "Bed Skirt Pins" and those would fix you right up. They have the corkscrew/button type; a small 2" bar type and a "T" type. Amazon carries all of them. They are "pins" so they might not work for the material you have - just giving some options
  • Sharon
    Sharon

I have used the corkscrew type on many things and they always worked. At discount stores and fabric stores, look for upholstery pins. same spiral. Good luck.
  • Dfm
    Dfm

there is a product that i put under throw rugs to keep them from "walking" looks like screening ie has little open squares, and i cut it to fit under the rugs. had to have been at at a big box store....near the throw rugs. it worked on the faux leather car seats as well to stabilize the kiddo seats. it should work on the couch to keep the cover in place.
    • Jay
      Jay

Yes! I've used something similar that is called Drawer Liners. A nice size roll at the Dollar Tree is well; a dollar! I use them all around the house and if the get yucky you can wash them in the sink with a little Dawn and Air Dry, but not in the Hot Sun! Or for a dollar you can just replace them. I used to buy the expensive rug non slip pads until one got stuck to my hardwood floor in the Summer. What a mess!
  • Joe Mamal
    Joe Mamal

Thank you for the Idea! I tried velcro, it pulled off the faux with all the pulling happening w /sitting, I added elastic to the cover in strategic places, it would "pop" off with any pressure, I tucked rolled newspapers into the creases, which the kids and hubby love to pull out and play swords with...... I am heading to the store to give the rug holder a shot, I'll let you know how it holds up.
  • Claude
    Claude

It's hard to make them stay with kids and pets. If your couch is real leather, google real leather repair because if it hasn't gone too far, you can mend it. I wish I had found it sooner. I used a pool noodle shoved between the seat and back space..cut it if it's too thick...but it does need to be tight to work.
  • Katherine
    Katherine

Slip a stiff cardboard between the arm and the cushion. About 3 or 4 inches wide and almost as long as the arm.

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

Hi! My mom always had slipcovers and this is what she used. They really work, if you screw them into the frame. Stay safe!

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00Q87O00U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_XnWZFbXREPRP2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1