Wrapped Pots - Match Your Decor!

I wanted to make some unusual pots for my daughter in law and figured I would make some for me at the same time. I decided to take photos of the process of the first one I did.
wrapped pots match your decor, home decor
Take any size terra cotta pot ( or any pot for that matter) I picked one that a 6" cheap plastic pot and saucer would fit inside. As I own a perennial farm and had a huge greenhouse for years ( commercial) I have lots of pots around.
Paint it white, I like acrylic but house paint can be used too. I only painted about 2 inches of the inside of the pot.
I have many pieces fo small material and chose one I liked.
I have lots of scrap fabric and picked some that I wanted to cover a pot in. Then I laid it out and rolled the pot across it a couple of times back and forth to get an idea where to cut the bottom and top and marked it with a pencil
Then I did a test run to make sure it was okay and would fit well.
I covered the pot with mod podge. Then I rolled on the material rolling the pot across while I smoothed any wrinkle or air pockets. I did this a few inches at a time while I applied mod podge to the surface of the material.
Again, as I rolled, I applied mod podge
I folded the top of the material carefully into the inside of the pot using mod podge under and over the material.
Then I did the same to the bottom, I also made sure the hole was exposed - not quite sure why, but figured I may want it there in the future
When done, I turned a metal pot sleeve over and put the pot on it to dry. The sleeve did not make contact with the material.
Elevated and drying. I started with a low can but ended up using a tomato juice can. ( see below)
Then I applied 2 coats of polycrylic to the outside and 2 coats of outdoor varathane to the inside.
This is the type of saucer I used. sorry it is a dirty one, I did not bring in any new ones. Also, I used a 6" azalea pot which fit right in and sits about 3/4 of an inch down from the top of the pot.
The pot!
I did not have any new pots and sleeves in the house at the time I did these pots, but used cheap ones like this to fit inside the pot so no water will come through the bottom - since it is for indoor plants!
The other material picked for the other pots!
I am using this as a pot sleeve and will not be planting directly into the pot.

• Terra cotta pots
  • Fabric scraps
  • Polycrylic