Simmer Pot to Make Your House Smell Wonderful

29K Views
Make your home smell wonderful with a simmering pot - it's inexpensive, it's natural (no chemicals), and it can be a gift idea!

I would love to have you subscribe to my blog to see my latest posts, projects, recipes, exclusives, and more - Chas' Crazy Creations
Time: 10 MinutesCost: $5Difficulty: Easy
  • simmer pot to make your house smell wonderful
You'll need: A pot or crock-pot Cinnamon sticks Oranges Apples Water An empty mason or recycled jar (optional for preserving or gift)
First slice up your oranges.
Next slice up your apples.
Put all the fruit slices in your pot with some cinnamon sticks.
Fill the pot up with water.
Put it on your stove.
Turn your stove on to simmer. Once the water warms up, it will start emitting the wonderful smell. ***A word of caution - keep an eye on it, you need to keep adding water through out the day to it as it evaporates out.
Or I like to use a crock-pot instead. Turn it on warm or low and keep the lid off so the smell fills your home. You still will need to keep an eye on it and add water as it evaporates.
If you want to store it or give it as a gift. Put the fruit and cinnamon sticks in a jar.
Fill the jar with water and put the lid on.
You can keep it in your refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Please join me Tuesday, January 24th at 7pm EST on Hometalk Facebook Live! You'll see this and more tips on "warming" your home.
I would love to have you subscribe to my blog to see my latest posts, projects, recipes, exclusives, and more -  Chas' Crazy Creations

Suggested materials for this project:

• Jar
  • Fruit & cinnamon sticks
Chas