DIY Coat Rack Overhaul!

$20.00

Take a old coat rack and flip it to make it work with the design of your space! So easy!
Here is the YouTube video! Please like Comment and Subscribe!!
Step 1
Remove the old hooks and sand the surface to prime the surface!
Step 2
After sanding down surface, lightly spray paint! Paint most areas of the shelf.
Step 3
Start painting! Choose a color for your shelf. Paint thin coats and let it dry completely before adding another coat of paint.
Step 4
Attach the hooks! Make sure to use short screws!
Finished!

• Spray Paint  (Lowes)
  • Sandpaper  (Lowes)
  • Paint Brush (cheap)  (Lowes)

• Jay

What is the spray paint, and its purpose, if u repaint over? Beautiful outcome...

• Mar14176411

it looks simple and easy to do...which is inspiring, from another items that are lovely...but bit complicated for me...well done

• Darlene Mulligan

If anyone is looking for this style of shelf, and where I think this lovely project may have first started its "life" - a child's bookcase headboard! Every now and then, I spot these things being thrown out once a kid has outgrown their bed! Many, MANY years ago, we had a queen size water bed (lol, remember those days?) When it was time to get rid of it, I just couldn't throw all that 1 1/2" thick solid wood out, so my poor husband was talked into storing the pieces in our crawlspace. Years later - we have a very similar shelf (with added hooks) in our cottage guest room. It holds guest towels and some little odds and ends. We get so many compliments, and folks laugh when they learn where it first came from. Since then, I've used the wood side panels for floating shelves in our kitchen. They are so solid, no veneers - what a waste it would have been to have thrown them out years ago. Look in the back corners of antique and salvage shops - you may be surprised how quickly you may find some treasures!