Inaablue
Inaablue
  • Croatia

How to Rusty Metal Pieces Using Vinegar, Hydrogen Peroxide and Salt

I love patina and rusted, aged metal pieces and needed some for my future project so instead of collecting them over some period I decided to aged some new metal pieces and speed my process.
I've tried lots of different ways for aging metal but this method gave the best results. If you only apply vinegar it will give a great aged look but I was looking for something more effectively.
I have to mention
how to rusty metal pieces using vinegar hydrogen peroxide and salt, cleaning tips, how to
And this is the result.
You can watch video tutorial here.
You will need some metal pieces.
I pour plain white vinegar to cover all the pieces and let soak for a day, but you can leave it from 30 min to a day.
Let them dry. The vinegar helps to etch the metal so the hydrogen peroxide can work. You can see that vinegar already gave a great aged look.
After metal pieces were dry I then pour on several bottles of drug store hydrogen peroxide 3 percent. You can buy it in every drug store.
And sprinkle with regular table salt.
Leave it from 30 min to a day.
Hydrogen peroxide is an oxidizer and salt, when left on metal, is corrosive and will cause rust.
Let them dry and see what you get.
Some pieces come out perfectly rusty and aged and some not it depends on what kind metal pieces you are using.
Before after picture!
Before after picture!
Before after picture!