DIY Wooden Drawer Organizer

$1

Do you want to get organized this year? Every year I try and tackle at least one of my organizationally challenged spots. This year it was my bathroom! You too can get your bathroom drawers organized with this easy and budget friendly project!
My first attempt at organizing my bathroom drawers was to use plastic silverware organizers. It started out ok but as time went on the fact that it was smaller than my drawer started to create chaos.
So I headed to Home Depot and the wheels started turning! I have a lot of bathroom drawers so I wanted something that would not bust the budget. I started out in the lathe section, then looked at poplar boards. Both would be good options. But then as I was roaming around I hit pay dirt! I found 8 foot deck filler strips for 97 cents! Say what? Needless to say I grabbed them!
See supplies listed or follow the link below for full list of supplies and detailed step by step tutorial.
Start by taking your drawer out and measuring the inside.
Cut the 2 length strips. I want to be able to take my organization box out for cleaning purposes so I cut mine a little short because of the hardware screws inside. I love this saw. It is easy to use and not intimidating at all!
When cutting your boards always remember you can always shave a little off, but you can't add if you cut it too short! That's my motto!
Put them in your drawer to make sure they fit and measure the width with the length strip in your drawer. Cut 2 strips to size.
I found that glueing the outside "box" together first and allowing it to dry makes the process easier.
Now you will want to measure the inside of the box and decide the number of sections you want for your organizer.
After you have cut the length pieces, now decide the cross sections you want. Measure those and cut boards accordingly.
Lay your basic plan out so it is ready to glue together. As I mentioned earlier, I did find after taking this photo that it makes the project easier if you glue your outside box first and allow it to dry.
Clamp and allow to completely dry. Make sure your clamps are long enough. Here are the clamps I put on my Christmas list this year! You can never have too many clamps in my line of business! I hope Santa was good to you too!
Clamp and allow to completely dry.
Spray paint your organizer to match the inside of your drawer.
Lay your organizer in your drawer and place your items in their new homes! Enjoy your freshly organized drawer! With everything having it's own space it will be easier to keep things looking good!
For a complete tutorial, including my cut list follow the link below! Now time to DIY? See my list of options I found online there as well. And don't forget to sign up for our Newsletter so you do not miss our next project!

20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Diva of DIY

• Cinda Nighswonger Schamber

Not a question, just thinking it would be easier to cut them a bit tight and assemble inside the drawer and hot glue as needed. And then you could probably change if you needed later on ? Probably paint all before cutting.

• Blu

I love the drawer idea.. I have made something similar to this.. It's great, organized, and handy.. I'm big on organization.. Everything belongs in it's place, and a drawer like this can help you do that. For more than just makeup's. Can be used for a multitude of things. Like your pantie drawer.. Yes this is a great idea, and if your like me, organization is a must.