Katie Nathey
Katie Nathey
  • Alpharetta, GA

Personalized Wood Slice Christmas Ornaments & Gifts

I love rustic decor and am a fan of bringing the outdoors in, so it's no wonder these wood slice ornaments are my favorite decoration on our Christmas tree. Plus these make great gifs!
I made them out of leftover slices from our save the date magnets, and some birch logs I bought with a coupon at Michael’s a couple weeks ago. Of course you could slice up some branches or logs you already have on hand, or even purchase the pre-sliced wood slices from a craft store.
I don't have the best handwriting or drawing skills so I printed out some simple graphics and then transferred them onto the wood slices. Super easy and I LOVE the way they look! The possibilities are endless as far as what you can put on these little guys. You can check out the full details {including the printable graphics} over on my blog.
DIY Wood Slice Christmas Ornaments with easy wood transfer graphics. These would make for great customized gifts!
I only had a few wood slices leftover from our Save the Date project and since we don't have a backyard I picked up some birch logs from Michaels with a 50% off coupon. I LOVE the look of birch wood!
We used our compound miter saw to slice the logs but you can even buy pre-sliced wood from craft stores if you don't have access to a saw.
You can drill holes into the slices or just screw some eye screws to the top so you can thread twine, ribbon, etc. through them.
I lightly sanded the sides to smooth it out before adding the images onto to wood.
I made some graphics, reversed them, printed them out on regular copy paper, cut them out, placed them ink down onto the wood, lightly brushed on some water and then "burned" the image into the wood using a sharpie marker.
You can go over your graphics with sharpies or pens. Here are a few of the ornaments I made. You can spray them with clear sealer before adding the twine.
Peace on Earth Wood Slice Ornament
Peace on Earth Wood Slice Ornament
Wood Slice Christmas Ornament
Wood Slice Christmas Ornament

Katie Nathey

• Jackie Berry

Great idea. Thanks for the tutorial

• Can10385378

I always struggle with gift ideas for my mom. They live in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. This would be a great and personal gift. So doing this. Thanks!