Great Way to Use Your Old Jeans to Decorate Your Home for Valentine's

30

I love to repurpose and upcycle my old jeans into all sorts of things from wall pocket organizers, patchwork quilts to pocket pillows. This time I decided to use all the scrap pieces of denim I had left over from all these projects to make a rustic heart wreath decoration for the home.
I say that it is for Valentine's but I think this rustic heart would look great hanging up all year round.
Another great
great way to use your old jeans to decorate your home for valentine s, home decor, seasonal holiday decor, valentines day ideas
All you need for this project is an old wire coat hanger, denim scraps from your old jeans and fabric mod podge(glue). click here if you want to see the fabric glue I used.
Using a pair of pliers shape your wire coat hanger into a heart shape. If you don't have a coat hanger you can just use any old wire, as long as it is stiff enough to hold it's shape well.
Cut your denim scraps into strips about 1-2 inches wide.
If you want a more striped effect you can fray the edges of your denim scraps by pulling at the threads.
Paste your denim strips with fabric glue especially at the ends and wrap them around the wire heart, overlapping as you go.
Continue round and round. I covered the whole heart 3 times in total with denim to get a nice thick wreath.
All you need now is some red ribbon to hang it with.
I liked how this rustic denim wreath turned out, I made another smaller one.
With the denim scraps that were too short to cut into long strips, I made some cute padded heart key rings, the details of which are also on the blog post at the end. These hearts also looked great hung up in a garland.
If you want more ideas for using denim scraps with a no-sew project, check out my upcycled patchwork denim suitcase

• Coat hanger
  • Old jeans
  • Fabric mod podge  (see link above)
Claire at Pillarboxblue