Cleaning TIP-Liquid Fabric Softener

+4
Febreze was a great invention, but I have found a more inexpensive way to refresh everything in my house. I pour a spray bottle half way with liquid fabric softener and fill the rest with water. I give it a shake and off I go! I spray down the furniture, the bedding, all the curtains even the shower curtains, the closets and I include the carpet. Wait a half hour and when you vacuum, the carpet is softer and the fresh cleaner smell permeates throughout the room! Aaaaaaaaa it's wonderful!!!
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 19, 2017
    I can't wait to try this. I feel like it will help with that funny "vacuum" smell that always lingers after vacuuming the carpet. Thanks!!
  • Sophia,M.,McConnery Sophia,M.,McConnery on Jan 19, 2017
    The recipe I found on Facebook for homemade Febreze is a measure of fabric softener,cap of Hydrogen Peroxide,a teaspoon of baking soda and hot water to fill your whole spray bottle.You mix it all together.Pour it in the bottle.Put the spray cap on loosely.After it has cooled to just lukewarm,you tighten the cap.I have been using it for about 10 - 15 years now!
  • Jan Koelsch Jan Koelsch on Jan 19, 2017
    Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.
    How much fabric softner?
  • Jan Koelsch Jan Koelsch on Jan 24, 2017
    Thanks so much.