Our Crafty Mom
Our Crafty Mom
  • Weare, NH

DIY Faux Succulent Embroidery Hoop Wreath Our Crafty Mom

Hi! I wanted to share another quick and easy DIY wreath project with you today. We all know how popular succulents are. Not only are they lovely, but they are also so easy to care for. However, faux succulents are even easier to care for and these gorgeous succulents look so real! You just need a few items to get started.
diy faux succulent embroidery hoop wreath our crafty mom, crafts, flowers, gardening, succulents, wreaths
Start off with an embroidery hoop. I used a 8" single hoop. You can use whatever size you like. I picked up a square foam at the Dollar Store. This actually comes in 3 and I only cut a half of one for this project. I just pressed it down on the hoop and used adhesive to attach it. I used E-6000 as sometimes hot glue doesn't adhere to foam.
Next, separate the faux succulents into small bunches. You can also paint the hoop if you'd like. I ended up using the 2nd hoop and keeping it natural as I liked that look better than the painted blue shown above. You can stick the succulent stems right in the foam and add a little adhesive to the end to secure it.
Next just add the succulents however you like. You can arrange them along the side of the hoop or along the bottom like I did. I thought it looked really cool hanging down and very natural. I show it above on an old scrap piece of wood that I stained an placed on my mantel. Below it is shown hanging on a chalkboard.
This piece is so versatile and is small enough to move around in different locations. It adds a nice pop of color in the Winter months, but really can be used all year long. You know the best part is not having to worry about watering it! If you enjoyed this thrifty wreath idea please visit my blog below for even more home decor/DIY ideas. Here is an easy tutorial for a wood slice winter banner that you can flip over for Spring! http://ourcraftymom.com/make-wood-slice-banner/
Our Crafty Mom

• Kathie Everton

I have a bow made of ribbon on a project I'm doing. The bow is limp. How can I stiffen it up to have it stand like a bow? Anyone?? THANK you

• Terri Hutchinson

Beacon Stiffen Stuff, it’s at Michaels, havent used it but I’m buying some.. have been dabbling in bows, i have used hair spray, lol but need a different effect. Love these projects!

• Wanda
    31 minutes ago

How do u water

• Wanda
    30 minutes ago

How do u water