DIY Faux Succulent Embroidery Hoop Wreath Our Crafty Mom

Hi! I wanted to share another quick and easy DIY wreath project with you today. We all know how popular succulents are. Not only are they lovely, but they are also so easy to care for. However, faux succulents are even easier to care for and these gorgeous succulents look so real! You just need a few items to get started.
Start off with an embroidery hoop. I used a 8" single hoop. You can use whatever size you like. I picked up a square foam at the Dollar Store. This actually comes in 3 and I only cut a half of one for this project. I just pressed it down on the hoop and used adhesive to attach it. I used E-6000 as sometimes hot glue doesn't adhere to foam.
Next, separate the faux succulents into small bunches. You can also paint the hoop if you'd like. I ended up using the 2nd hoop and keeping it natural as I liked that look better than the painted blue shown above. You can stick the succulent stems right in the foam and add a little adhesive to the end to secure it.
Next just add the succulents however you like. You can arrange them along the side of the hoop or along the bottom like I did. I thought it looked really cool hanging down and very natural. I show it above on an old scrap piece of wood that I stained an placed on my mantel. Below it is shown hanging on a chalkboard.
This piece is so versatile and is small enough to move around in different locations. It adds a nice pop of color in the Winter months, but really can be used all year long. You know the best part is not having to worry about watering it! If you enjoyed this thrifty wreath idea please visit my blog below for even more home decor/DIY ideas. Here is an easy tutorial for a wood slice winter banner that you can flip over for Spring! http://ourcraftymom.com/make-wood-slice-banner/

3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Our Crafty Mom

• Wanda

How do u water

• Joanie

Yeah I have a question.........does anyone still embroider or do cross stitch or ANY KIND of sewing? These Hoops are meant for that reason and thread art is beautiful, to learn the stitches and make a picture is a dying are I guess?

• Le

Great idea! Where can a person buy fake succulents? TY

• Jean

Any craft store. Micheals, Hobby Lobby, even Walmart or order on the internet 😉