DIY Faux Succulent Embroidery Hoop Wreath Our Crafty Mom

Hi! I wanted to share another quick and easy DIY wreath project with you today. We all know how popular succulents are. Not only are they lovely, but they are also so easy to care for. However, faux succulents are even easier to care for and these gorgeous succulents look so real! You just need a few items to get started.
Start off with an embroidery hoop. I used a 8" single hoop. You can use whatever size you like. I picked up a square foam at the Dollar Store. This actually comes in 3 and I only cut a half of one for this project. I just pressed it down on the hoop and used adhesive to attach it. I used E-6000 as sometimes hot glue doesn't adhere to foam.
Next, separate the faux succulents into small bunches. You can also paint the hoop if you'd like. I ended up using the 2nd hoop and keeping it natural as I liked that look better than the painted blue shown above. You can stick the succulent stems right in the foam and add a little adhesive to the end to secure it.
Next just add the succulents however you like. You can arrange them along the side of the hoop or along the bottom like I did. I thought it looked really cool hanging down and very natural. I show it above on an old scrap piece of wood that I stained an placed on my mantel. Below it is shown hanging on a chalkboard.
This piece is so versatile and is small enough to move around in different locations. It adds a nice pop of color in the Winter months, but really can be used all year long. You know the best part is not having to worry about watering it! If you enjoyed this thrifty wreath idea please visit my blog below for even more home decor/DIY ideas. Here is an easy tutorial for a wood slice winter banner that you can flip over for Spring! http://ourcraftymom.com/make-wood-slice-banner/

Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Our Crafty Mom

• Wanda
    Wanda

How do u water

• Joanie
    Joanie

Yeah I have a question.........does anyone still embroider or do cross stitch or ANY KIND of sewing? These Hoops are meant for that reason and thread art is beautiful, to learn the stitches and make a picture is a dying are I guess?

• Le
    Le

Great idea! Where can a person buy fake succulents? TY

• Robin Mcknight- Franke
      Robin Mcknight- Franke
      27 minutes ago

You can get quality "real looking" bulk on amazon, you need quite a few and variety, I found it most cost effective.