Pam
Pam
  • Brighton, MI

Snow Owl Christmas Ornaments

I made these ornaments from items I already had on hand, and one piece of glitter cardstock.
snow owl christmas ornaments, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
Finished Snow Owl Ornaments
The bodies are made from cardboard toilet paper tubes painted white, with their ends folded in.
A circle punch was used to add the eyes, and "feathers". The wings were cut by hand, and the beak is a scrap piece of yellow paper cut in a triangle.
The loop to hang up the owl is a gold pipe cleaner glued on the back.
A close up of the snow owl.
Pam

• A

I love this cute owl and am going to make with a 3rd and 4th grade class, but I cannot find the perfect ratio for the eye circles. Do you remember what sizes you used? Many thanks! A

• Lori Jackson

I am the elementary art teacher who stole this idea--but we used paper mache, sequins and sparkly fun foam for the wings. Added a sparkly pair of ear muffs for easy hanging. These were made by second graders. We make a keepsake ornament every year in every grade, and this is my favorite one this year. Thanks for the inspiration.

, Kids had lots of fun making them, Googly eyes are big with seven year olds
  • Elizabeth Mallet

I had a great time making my owls. I decided to use goggle eyes and scissors that made a feathered look. Thank you for sharing Pam.