Kaysi Gardner
Kaysi Gardner
  • Kennewick, WA

DIY Sofa Side Table

$15

In our loft area there is a little section right by our sectional that is about a foot away from the wall. It's a little bit of wasted space, so I decided that I wanted to do something with that space to make it more functional. Since I knew that I couldn't find a table that would fit that area perfectly I wanted to make one. It was super easy to do and now that space is functional!
diy sofa side table, painted furniture
Here is the area that was the wasted spaced. I measured how big I wanted the table to be and then got to work.
diy sofa side table, painted furniture
I used a 2x6 and cut it to the size I wanted it to be, then attached the boards together with brackets.
diy sofa side table, painted furniture
Then using 2x4s and 2x2s, I attached the legs.
diy sofa side table, painted furniture
Once the legs were on, I made a little shelf for it.
diy sofa side table, painted furniture
After sanding the whole table, I then stained the top of it and then painted the legs and shelf white.
diy sofa side table, painted furniture
And that's it! It was really easy to make and took me about an afternoon to make (from start to finish!). Now the space has purpose and it's a great place to store our remotes and hold our drinks when we are watching a movie :). For more detailed instructions and a step by step tutorial, check out my blog post.

• Wood
  • Paint
Kaysi Gardner