Three Cheers for Pom Poms!!

What is it about pom poms that makes us want to stand up and give a big cheer? Is it the past cheerleader in us, or just the fact that they are so darn cute? I created pom poms using a fun new tool and strung them for my Valentines mantle.
three cheers for pom poms
Pom Poms are just so fun and they make me happy!
three cheers for pom poms
I bought this handy dandy tool at Joanne's. It was $6.99, but I used a 50 off coupon. I used the larger of the two sizes.
three cheers for pom poms
I bought two skeins of yarn. The red/cream had long stretches of cream so I cut it off and would wrap the stripe and cream separately. Both were purchased on sale.
three cheers for pom poms
Wrap a few, nibble a bit, wrap a few, nibble a bit more! :)
three cheers for pom poms
Adds so much to my Valentines Mantle, don't you think?
three cheers for pom poms
After figuring out the instructions. I admit, a bit confusing at first. You wrap the yarn around both half circles.
three cheers for pom poms
They close them and cut the top of the circles.
three cheers for pom poms
This is what it will look like after cutting. Then you cut a small piece of yarn and wrap around the circle twice and tie off.
three cheers for pom poms
Carefully pull the pom pom maker apart and voila!
three cheers for pom poms
Perfects same size every time pom poms! I know you can use cardboard, or even your hand, but I thought this tool was worth the $3.50 I dished out for it.
three cheers for pom poms
I cut the ties off and using a large needle strung them on crochet thread. However, I think you could just tie them on with the ties if you wanted.
three cheers for pom poms
Happy Valentines to you!!
three cheers for pom poms
Hope you love this idea!

• Yarn, pom pom maker  (Joannes)
Jann Olson

• Jann Olson

Thank you!! They are addicting. I just made one in pastel colors. They reminded me of bunny tails. :)

• Sirkku

Looks cute, thanks for sharing