Steps of Glamour!

In our house we do not have a grand foyer & our stairs were pretty boring. I wanted to give them a makeover so they would have a subtle wow factor & make the home more inviting.
Not the greatest before pic but you get idea
I forgot to take a before pic but you get the idea, ugly carpet, tons of layers of white paint on the railing that was peeling and anything but exciting to look at. Not to mention vacuuming stairs is the worst!
We had already stripped the paint down on the railings, sanded & stained a dark espresso color which was one weekend project. Ripped out the carpet and removed all the plywood steps.
My son loves to be involved anything demo!
It was quite the mystery seeing all the goodies the builders left behind under the staircase!😂
Ready for grout!
Laid down the oak stair treads that we stained to match railings. We scored an amazing deal off of Craigslist as they can be quite expensive. I had an idea to use glass tiles for the risers instead of just painting the typical white most tend to do. I thought it was a beautiful unsuspecting touch and more durable by not showing scuff marks. We used these same glass tiles on our fireplace transformation to have a sense of unity in the house.
All done!
After grout & cleaned up. I love the iridescent gleam. It tends to really pull the teal color from the walls but still a neutral clean white look overall!
I love the contrast of it all
I still have plans to add wood trim to give a faux wood panel look where it's painted white. But that's a project for another day!😬
And loved being able to dress it up for Christmas! So warm & welcoming when you walk through the front door.

The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home

• Ingrid Gormaz
    8 hours ago

Wow! I love your stairs! Can you come and do mine?😉

• NancyO
    2 hours ago

I've looked at hundred of stair treatments, but this one is the most interesting and attractive. I don't even have stairs, but I can certainly admire your imagination and the work you did to create a unique look, to say nothing of practicality.