Steps of Glamour!

In our house we do not have a grand foyer & our stairs were pretty boring. I wanted to give them a makeover so they would have a subtle wow factor & make the home more inviting.
Not the greatest before pic but you get idea
I forgot to take a before pic but you get the idea, ugly carpet, tons of layers of white paint on the railing that was peeling and anything but exciting to look at. Not to mention vacuuming stairs is the worst!
We had already stripped the paint down on the railings, sanded & stained a dark espresso color which was one weekend project. Ripped out the carpet and removed all the plywood steps.
My son loves to be involved anything demo!
It was quite the mystery seeing all the goodies the builders left behind under the staircase!😂
Ready for grout!
Laid down the oak stair treads that we stained to match railings. We scored an amazing deal off of Craigslist as they can be quite expensive. I had an idea to use glass tiles for the risers instead of just painting the typical white most tend to do. I thought it was a beautiful unsuspecting touch and more durable by not showing scuff marks. We used these same glass tiles on our fireplace transformation to have a sense of unity in the house.
All done!
After grout & cleaned up. I love the iridescent gleam. It tends to really pull the teal color from the walls but still a neutral clean white look overall!
I love the contrast of it all
I still have plans to add wood trim to give a faux wood panel look where it's painted white. But that's a project for another day!😬
And loved being able to dress it up for Christmas! So warm & welcoming when you walk through the front door.