Closet Door DIY Makeover With Molding and Bulletin Boards!

My daughter's closet doors were flat, yellowed, and had teeny tiny knobs - totally boring! When we remodeled her room (you'll definitely want to check out the Before and After transformation of her entire room - click here if you haven't seen it already!), I wanted to give her closet doors a makeover as well.
The first step was to give them some dimension so I bought some low profile molding and used a miter saw to cut the pieces to make two boxes on each door. I taped the molding pieces to the door and used a level to make sure all four of my molding boxes were straight and aligned and then traced around the edges of them with pencil.
Next I cut two cork sheets to fit the size of my upper two molding boxes and two thin plywood sheets to fit the size of my lower two molding boxes. I adhered them to the door and then put the molding back in place with my brad nailer - at this point they looked like this:
Then all that was left was to paint the doors and molding white and add new hinges and knobs. I'm so excited with how they turned out - I love how her closet doors look and my daughter loves having two big cork boards to pin all of her pictures to!
Do you like? For more easy DIY projects and decorating tips and tricks, join the 8,000+ other amazing readers of my blog, Driven by Decor, and get emails of new posts delivered right to your inbox - to sign up click here! And if you like this project and want the step by step DIY and links to project supplies so you can do it yourself, you can find it over on my blog at the link below where it says "to see more"! Thanks so much for checking out my project!

Kris {Driven By Decor}

• Toni

I hope you understand this question We are building a closet. My husband said that I have to put in bi-folding doors unless I want a post in the center for the doors to close into. Do your doors have a post down the center when you open them? how wide are these doors? I hope you understand this question. Your Design is clever and useful I love it.
    • Schoony

You also need to make sure the framing for this new closet is right to hold the doors..

• Joanie

I love the paint and your quilt too!! No full picture of the room?

• Rachel

Where can you buy that cork?

• Dpbeee2

That is a definite winner! Looks professionally done. You’ve convinced me I can do this. Thank you.

• Judy

It's beautiful. Great job making it visually interesting but wonderfully functional. I bet she loves it! Thanks Judy

• Chanie Dison Organ

I think that if I had done this project, I would have incorporated chalkboard paint in two of the squares, either in the bottom two, or one side of each the chalkboard and the cork.