Tip: Do you sew? Thread nets - Free!

+13
Thread nets !!
t sewing tip thread nets free
These sell on ebay for 12 for $10

t sewing tip thread nets free
These are free! Garlic cloves come in these kind of mesh bags
t sewing tip thread nets free
Cut the ends off and slip them over the thread cones!

What do you do for unruly spools?!
  • Kaioverbeck Kaioverbeck on Jan 21, 2017
    what are you using them for? Hard seeing your demos? coke bottles?
    • See 2 previous
    • JoLeen Bolton JoLeen Bolton on Jan 26, 2017
      Cones are the thread you usually get for use with sergers. but if you sew a lot, I think they are more economical...they're all I buy. Instead of putting them on the thread spindle on top of the sewing machine, I set them on the table behind the machine and bring the thread up and around the spindle to thread the machine. They also sell a little spindled disk with a tall hook for this...you just put your cone of thread on the spindle, run the thread up thru the hook and over to the thread spindle on the top of your sewing machine, where you finish threading your machine as you usually do.
  • Kaioverbeck Kaioverbeck on Jan 22, 2017
    thank you.
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 22, 2017
    This is brilliant, I'm going to give it a try~~
  • Fer12175055 Fer12175055 on Jan 22, 2017
    Been saving and using them for years, Never thought of telling people. I cut them in half often to fit the thread cone or bobbin. Great you thought of sharing, Just another way to re-use...right?
  • Margaret Powell Margaret Powell on Jan 22, 2017
    yep hate to throw anything away that may live on elsewhere. Have been saving the empty cones from serger thread. cant think of anything that is really useful. How about you. Any ideas?
  • Mca10824461 Mca10824461 on Jan 23, 2017
    Have you ever thought about using them as squares for a quilt. Cut them open into squares and weave yard or ribbon through it to make a pattern then see them together to make a large blanket, pillow, quilt, etc. Even if you wash it and the mesh comes apart it will remain intact because of the weave and being sewn together.
    • Margaret Powell Margaret Powell on Jan 23, 2017
      sounds like a good idea.... they are pretty strong! you could do a sample piece and wash it to see the results. Let me hear how it works
  • Betty Hoyle Rudo Betty Hoyle Rudo on Jan 23, 2017
    Works great with yarn skeins that feed out of their center, and aren't in balls. They sell those on amazon too. Called yarn sleeves, I think. Great idea to recycle and use your idea!
    Serger thread comes on cones like in the picture. Usually holds about 3-6 thousand yards.
  • Rose Maloney Rose Maloney on Jan 23, 2017
    I reuse my knee-high nylons in the same way. I love the garlic mesh idea though, it's easier to see your thread color!
  • Nan5449037 Nan5449037 on Jan 25, 2017
    I have to cover up my sewing machine where the thread sits so my cats won't get into trouble eating it. I wonder if this would keep them from trying to eat it.
  • Margaret Powell Margaret Powell on Jan 25, 2017
    I have heard the cats do not like the smell of citrus... try use this around your stuff and see if it helps... let me know!