How can I safely clean my birdbath?

+5
  • Johnchip Johnchip on Jan 22, 2017
    Wire brush.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 22, 2017
    www.wikihow.com/Keep-Algae-from-Growing-in-Bird-Bath
  • Dr.8014962 Dr.8014962 on Jan 22, 2017
    I can not read Janet Pizaro's response about safely cleaning my birdbath. I clicked on it & nothing happened.
  • Paulette Paulette on Jan 23, 2017
    I just went to wikihow.com and searched on clean birdbath algae. There were hints about best placement of your birdbath in the yard but any bb will get algae. I have always just used a stiffer scrub brush and water. I scrub with a little water in the bowl, then tip and rinse. Then refill. If you have a hose handy, put the nozzle on the jet setting, spray the bowl to get old water out and it will scrub the algae out too. Then refill on a lower pressure setting. But you really have to clean it some everytime you fill. Otherwise, total gunk!!!
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 23, 2017
    If you want to sanitize without making it dangerous for the birds, use a little bit of vinegar as well to clean.
  • Lise Lise on Jan 25, 2017
    I empty it then scrub it with baking soda. It gets rid of grime and algae and rinses thoroughly so there is no residue left in the bird bath at all.
  • Shanghiflower Shanghiflower on Jan 26, 2017
    I rinse and scrub all my birdbaths with a brush, then fill with water, distilled vinegar and 1/2 cup oxi clean. Then cover them with a board or cardboard and let them soak for at least a few hours. Then its rinse, scrub, rinse again and fill with clean water. Also do same for my fountain.
  • Tina Yoder Tina Yoder on Jan 29, 2017
    i clean mine with clorox clean up and a scotch brite sponge then i rinse well fill with clean water add a few drops of blue food coloring keeps it lasting clean longer