Carrie MakingLemonade
Carrie MakingLemonade
  • Blue Bell, PA

Make a No-Sew Metallic Table Runner

While I dream about buying the entire inventory of West Elm (no, literally, I DREAM about it) it simply wouldn’t be a wise budgetary decision. So I know when to hold them, when to fold them, and when to DIY my own no-sew metallic table runner in both silver AND gold. Here's how you can, too (click over to the blog for full instructions).
I started off with a nice, heavy white fabric from JoAnns.  I wanted it to have the texture and feel of fine linen napkins, and I think that’s the key to getting a high end look.
I started off with a nice, heavy white fabric from JoAnns. I wanted it to have the texture and feel of fine linen napkins, and I think that’s the key to getting a high end look.
Iron the fabric which will make your measurements more precise.  Measure and cut.  Your length will be determined by where you want to place it.
Iron the fabric which will make your measurements more precise. Measure and cut. Your length will be determined by where you want to place it.
Starting on one end, iron a 1″ hem.  Move around the fabric, doing this on each side.  Pre-ironing will make adding the no-sew tape a snap.
Starting on one end, iron a 1″ hem. Move around the fabric, doing this on each side. Pre-ironing will make adding the no-sew tape a snap.
After fusing, use painter’s tape to mark your edges for the paint.
Combine your paint with a paint fabric medium (the bottle of the fabric medium will have directions).  I used the Martha Stewart metallic paint because I knew the quality and color would be great.
Combine your paint with a paint fabric medium (the bottle of the fabric medium will have directions). I used the Martha Stewart metallic paint because I knew the quality and color would be great.
Now add paint to the runner. I found using a spouncer worked best, but I dragged it up and down the fabric like a brush (unlike the typical ‘dotting’ method of using a spouncer).
Now place the runner under everything in your house.  Love it.  Enjoy it.  Marvel at those perfect lines.  Take lots of photos!
Now place the runner under everything in your house. Love it. Enjoy it. Marvel at those perfect lines. Take lots of photos!

Carrie MakingLemonade

• Melissa V

Okay, love the idea for so many reasons, but I should try doing it first ( never tried that before). Did you make chalkboard plates for seat markers?💥 And are those chargers? They would rock with my china setting! Wow, I have a brand new set of white twin sheets just waiting for some bronze or copper paint!!! 😆