Jasmin
Jasmin
  • Canada

Re-purposed Piano

These take a LOT of work! Holy Shmoly! But in the end - a great piece with a lot of versatility! I'm going to work on a blog about the entire process of creating one of these - but for now, enjoy a little album full of shots. I'll post links to the blog later on our facebook page, and eventually get back here and add a link. www.facebook.com/gypsybarn.
The bottom board was removed and cut in half with hardware added and a new lower shelving base. LOTS of great storage now!
A cute close up shot of the upper interior. I used these decorative corbels as wine holder L brackets, added some shelving stained to match the rest of the wood I inserted.
The keys on this piece were pretty much destroyed.Usually I would have left them as a little decorative serving area, however, the colouring from over the years left them a wee bit yellowed and half the keys were missing their veneer
Close it up and hide the clutter of the drawer
As a bar - it makes a fab little serving area
Open and closed
How it looks as a little shabby bar.
A cute close up shot of the upper interior. You can also see here how I used some lathe from a reno as wine glass holders.

• Marsha Garland

How tall is this piano? Year and name of piano? Where would I find one?

• Arlene Mollenkopf

How do you remove the harp? Did you simply paint over it?
  • Karen Brenden

I love this idea! I have an old piano that was given to me and I was wondering what I was going to do with it? Now I know!!!  However I don't even really know the first step to take so.... was wondering if you ever got that blog together?? Thanks Karen Brenden kbrenden2010@hotmail.com

• Patty G

This is true, thanks for the reminder Sandra!

• Tammy

AWESOME!!!! Like Susan I have an old piano sitting here that I've taken the bottom front off the thing and have exposed the harp. I keep looking at it to decide how to approach it. Thanks for your posting! You took something destined for destruction and created something beautiful.