What Would You Build With a Million Dollars?

+26
If I had a Million dollars, unlimited time, and an unlimited budget....
The first thing I'd like to build would be an elaborate tree house for my backyard.

As a kid, my siblings and I would spend hours and hours on those long summer nights dreaming up our perfect tree house.
It would have a moat, a tower, a whole bunch of trapdoors and secret entrances.

Just because I've outgrown our backyard, does not mean that I've given up on our tree house dream.

What woodworking project would you make if you had a Million dollars?

Share your Million Dollar Monday Dream!

e what would you build with a million dollars
  • Jessie Jessie on Jan 23, 2017
    A log cabin with everything I always dreamed of having in a home in it on a few acres of land to plant what I want where I want..

• Lindy Lindy on Jan 23, 2017
    I would build a small 3 bedroom home with private baths for all, a craft room for me with all the bells and whistles, decked out kitchen with good cupboard space and a pantry, and a semi-open floor plan. I would have enough left over to build that awesome tree house as well and invite Hillela G over for wine and fireflies to discuss paint colors

• Sdturner Sdturner on Jan 23, 2017
    I would build tiny houses all over America for the homeless. I would build tiny house communities for families, with play grounds,etc. City tiny houses, maybe between buildings, with their permission, and tiny individual houses. I would build them so that the homeless would have an address for job applications. After they moved in, for those who wanted to, I would provide job training, and ask that once employed they give a portion of their income (their tithe) to building new tiny houses. They would have the option of then renting the tiny house, or actually purchasing it, with the proceeds going toward building new houses. Matthew 25:35-40 (The King said,) For I was an hungry, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungry, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

• See 3 previous
    • Sdturner Sdturner on Jan 26, 2017
      NO DON'T! I loved your comment. We all have different dreams, and that is what makes this so much fun!

• Leah M Leah M on Jan 23, 2017
    A tree house would be awesome, but I'd like to add on a "mother-in-law" suite to the house I have. Make an awesome catio for the brats. Of course, with all that, I won't have any room left in my yard for a tree house and it is not like I have a decent tree for one anyway.

• Judy Ackerman Judy Ackerman on Jan 24, 2017
    If I had a million dollars I would build A new barn, the one we have has to be torn down as it is falling apart. Now we have nowhere to store our mowers and other yard equipment.

• Sdturner Sdturner on Jan 24, 2017
    Speaking as someone who grew up in the heart of West Virginia, albeit not in poverty, I think that is an incredible idea! They are, for the most part, good, honest, loving people who have been pushed down by the coal mining industry. For generations, they were only paid in company printed money, called script. Therefore, they could only buy from the company stores, where they elevated prices to the point where they had to get clothes or food. I am actually an author, and wrote three books about the culture of deep, deep, West Virginia. The books are actually romantic historical books, based on the oral history of my hometown. My parents are 93 and 91 and are as sharp as can be! So they have given me a lot of it. (June 1st will be their 75th wedding anniversary!) Your words were so kind, you humbled me. I will hold you tightly in my prayers, and ask God to pour His best blessings down on you, my new friend.

• Irene Gronewald Irene Gronewald on Jan 25, 2017
    have 20 acres useless property in costillica county colorado...inherited...this is praire country...i would like to have ranch for rescue dogs...with working shelter and a house for me and my daughter...

• Lucy Marie Bernier Lucy Marie Bernier on Jan 25, 2017
    I first would help my family, fix my jeep, then I would like a tree house or a tiny home with all the works, a porch so I can paint till I run out of canvas. The
    house would be done in an Artsy gypsy manor. If it was a tiny home it would be craftsman style New England beach style. Donate to the local Animal Rescue. Hopefully live the rest of my days surrounded by nature,paint,love,peace,friends,family and finally retirement 🙏🏼

• Carolina's Art Carolina's Art on Jan 25, 2017
    Wow, I love all the ideas that have been posted here. My dream is also to have a log cabin but up in a beautiful mountain somewhere where it is not too cold for too long nor too hot. I would love to have a shelter for animals with lots of acres for them to be free and well taken care of. Any animal. I would take one of those trips to see and touch whales and swim with dolphins. Hmmm...one million dollars is not that much.

• Eam7984062 Eam7984062 on Jan 26, 2017
    I have several friends that have various disabilities or disabled children. One super lady is blind and along with her husband adopts special needs children. I would build them each a house that is accessible in a way that is tailored to their specific disability or their children's disabilities.

• Arl17166462 Arl17166462 on Jan 26, 2017
    Home for the homeless

• Kyle Wiseman Kyle Wiseman on Jan 26, 2017
    I would build a small house for my mom,close to my house so i wouldnt have to worry about her living all alone as she is 76 now.i would also build a shelter for animals near my home,as there are no decent places here for homeless or abused animals,which makes me angry,but that is a whole other story! and lastly i would go on a nice trip with my hubby,for a honeymoon we never had!

• Carol S Anderson Carol S Anderson on Jan 26, 2017
    If I had a million dollars I would build a loving home for foster children. Not to fancy, just warm and enough room for all.

• Cecile Whyte Cecile Whyte on Feb 03, 2017
      That is exactly what I would want to do. Except I would try to buy a house with lots of land so I could reno and make additional bedrooms and living space with a very large kitchen (so I could give cooking lesson. Then I would create an area for other skills training (like woodworking, sewing etc). If I do I'm coming to get you.

• Rana Baer Rana Baer on Jan 27, 2017
    The first thing I would do is get the best lawyer there is and go for custody of my nice and nephew (do to their parent being a major drug addict) . I an doing this now but I would get a better lawyer. Then I would build a deck out the back of my house and all different kinds of things for the kids to play on and in. I would give the kids a life they deserve.

• Beth Beth on Jan 27, 2017
    A beautiful log home in the woods. Been a dream for year, but can't afford it.

• 100 Acres with home and facility for a horse rescue and therapy center for people ... to teach people how to respect and care for the animals which in turn teaches he people so many life lessons to help in their own recovery, but would need a covered arena, housing for people... barn for rescue horses,fencing etc. It would be great to help animals and people at one time. but not sure how you would fund such an operation... it would be very expensive... with the my mare and 3 rescue horses I have now it cost at least 500.00 per month without any medical issues. 20 or more would be exorbitant then add to the cost of the people to help... and the need for trained counselors for people and trainers for horses... whew... but that is what I would do with a Million bucks...

• See 2 previous
    • Sue Peet Sue Peet on Feb 01, 2017
      Good Day!
      You have a big heart and if you were able to build a place like this I feel there would be people out there that would help you succeed. We need more people like you caring individuals.

• Sue Peet Sue Peet on Jan 27, 2017
    To create the Secret Garden that I have always wanted, use mostly native plants to my area. I want to have a bird sanctuary and provide the many plants that would help butterflies and bees.
    The Secret Garden would be my haven so I could really enjoy nature, also invite other people who need a soothing place to relax.

• Arl17166462 Arl17166462 on Jan 29, 2017
    I'd build small huts for people that are clean, no drugs or alcohol. I'd build a big building in middle to have life skills Groups ( budget, dinners, garden etc) mentoring and helping the guests get jobs and staying with them. Cooking classes for healthy meals/ snacks. And so much more!! Horses, cows, chickens!!

• Eroque022810 Eroque022810 on Jan 31, 2017
    I would buy a new house on plenty of acreage so I could build my mom her own place before she dies. I want her enjoy the rest of her life. It would be on a hill with flat top and beautiful view.

• Lisa Bair Lisa Bair on Feb 01, 2017
    Either a treehouse or a tiny home

• Lori Lori on Feb 03, 2017
    I'd buy a nice large plot of land with trees and beautiful views, then built a 400 sq ft tiny house for me and another one for my mom, plus a nice garage for the car with storage above. Let some other tiny houses park there too. Big garden for veggies, a place for rescued pets to recuperate while waiting for adoption (no kill all the way!).