Million Dollar Monday: What would I do with a million dollars?

+6
If I had a million dollars I would build a large building just for all my sewing and crafts. It would have air conditioning and heating, a television, and a bathroom. This is my dream!
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 23, 2017
    I LOVE that idea! It sounds like a perfect place to spend an entire day, or week!!
    I love the way you think, what would you make first in there?

• Cori Widen Cori Widen on Jan 23, 2017
    Love this idea also - you could make the rooms themed by type of craft!

• Sandra Allen Sandra Allen on Jan 23, 2017
    I agree. Mine would be a big building with a small kitchen, bathroom and tv but the rest for crafts. Instead of having my craft room in my home, I would reverse it!!

But seriously, if I had a million dollars I would build my OctoSquare Home I designed in 1978...still trying to get it made into blueprints. This is the year!! I need to copy write it then who knows. At least it will be mine alone!!

• Teresa Teresa on Jan 24, 2017
    I suck at this kind of thing, because if I had a million dollars, I would probably give most of it to people who are not as well off as I am.
    BUT.. since this is imaginary and we are talking about how we would spoil ourselves if we had a million to spend on ourselves.
    I would add a 30 x 60 barn type building on my property with a kiln and pottery room, an area for woodworking, a welding area, a sewing area, a painting area and a general crafts area. Upstairs could be accessed by an elevator and would hols alllllllllll my supplies!

• None None on Jan 25, 2017
    I'd buy an old Victorian home and move it onto my land and remodel it. Then I'd see if my kids wanted to do upgrades on their homes. The leftover money would go to animal shelters to help them out. I am quite sure the shelters would get the better part of the million dollars

• Sue Kiene Sue Kiene on Jan 26, 2017
    Well first of all I would find a large piece of land nearby and get with my friends Ken and Shaun and we would design and build a wonderful greenhouse. We are all plant enthusiasts and said that is what we would love to do in our retirement but it would be an early one. I agree with None that animal shelters would get some money because I have had lots of rescues over the years and know that animals are great therapy for people.

• Kathy Meador Wells Kathy Meador Wells on Jan 26, 2017
    Great idea or rather filling a dire need. Kudos to you! I love it.

• Sandra Sandra on Jan 28, 2017
    I would start looking into all the really important charity requests; St. Jude Children's Hospital, Cancer society , Veteran's programs, well you get the idea. However, I would save out enough to completely renovate our 30 year old home. Drapes, carpet, furniture, OH YEAH ! ;) That million would soon be gone..and don't forget the first one you have to pay.....Uncle Sam