Faux Cement Tiled Front Porch (With Stencils!)

Transform a basic cement pad patio with the help of cement paint and stencils. The result is a unique cement porch that looks like you used expensive cement tiles.
I began the project with a clean cement pad. I had painted a pattern on the porch in the past, but it was not with paint made for cement. So most of the paint had peeled off with time. To prep the cement I used a scraper to remove old peeling paint and then I prepared the cement for paint by etching. I used an all in one product that removed grease and etches at the same time.
Next up I painted the front porch with a gray paint created for cement. I trimmed along the posts and edges of the house first, and then coated the cement with a roller on an extension arm. Two coats of this paint and the porch was completely covered.
After the cement pad was dry it was time for me to add the pattern. I used a white cement paint with my small roller to apply an all over stencil pattern. The pattern was applied in a way to make it look continuous.
Because the surface of the cement was worn and uneven I touched up spots in the stencil pattern with a small paintbrush after everything had dried. The cement patio now looks like it was covered in high-end​ cement tiles for only a fraction of the cost!
And after several months I'm happy to say the paint is still holding up strong! It has been power-washed, scrubbed, and lived through hail, as well as Iowa snow and ice storms. For more information on the process, or the paint I used, make sure you head over to the blog post.

Homestead 128

• Pam Davis

Absolutely beautiful! Great job! I would so like to copy this on our walkway. Thank you for sharing your artwork so well done 💓

• Crystal

Yes I'm freaking out. This is exactly what I needed I'm going to go analyze the sitch on my peely gross front patio concrete pad right now! Please do let us know regarding where we can get the best price on large stencils... thank you for your super rad idea! Peace, Love & Music... B.C., Ventura, CA