DIY All Purpose and Surface Spray Recipe!

$5

I finally got tired of dumping vinegar on any of my countertops or surfaces I wanted to clean and decided to finally break down and buy a spray bottle. Honestly I am a little embarrassed that I hadn’t made this sooner! The recipe is so very simple!

1 part water 1 part white distilled vinegar 10 drops tea tree oil 10 drops lemongrass oil 10 drops orange oil

I use this spray on absolutely everything including my butcher block countertops! It leaves a pleasant and interesting smell behind. Of course every time I make it now I try a new combination of essential oils! Though I always keep tea tree oil in it because it has such great antibacterial properties. Its great for our dining room table especially and it leaves just a little sheen behind that I love. It also gets the grime off of our white back splash with little to no elbow grease. I also used it to clean out our microwave and it took care of it with just a couple of sprays and some good wiping.

Also, as you can see in the picture, the oils sit on the top so I make sure and give it a little shake before I use it so the oils get dispersed throughout before spraying. This also works fine on glass and mirrors but I’m not looking for a streak free shine necessarily, just looking to get it good and clean and I use just a soft kitchen towel. So far I haven’t found a situation yet where I don’t love this spray! It’s great for light dusting too – I just spray a little on the towel I’m using and hit our coffee table and end tables etc.

• Vinegar
  • Water
  • Essential Oils

GrandmasHouseDIY

Great tip! Never thought of using essential oils in a cleaner.

• Brenda S.

This is awesome! I love learning new uses for essential oils!

• GrandmasHouseDIY

They linger using them like this too, I love how good the house smells now when I clean up!