Our New Haint Blue Porch Ceiling

I've shown you the new roof which I love by the way. Now it's time for the house painting itself. Today I share with you the porch ceiling that I've wanted for a few years.
Both Earls hard at work! Painter Earl Cunningham standing on ladder and Other Earl priming spindles on porch railing.
Close up of ceiling dirty before washing or painting.
Porch ceiling before painting. It is dirty and dingy. The house itself is especially where the shutters were. It is a wonderful time for a face lift even though a hurricane gave us the reason. We are glad to have it done.
Beginning to remove shutters so the ceiling can be painted and the house itself washed. This is getting real! I'm excited!
Let the makeover begin!
Looks pretty dark here, but the color changes with the lighting.
I've looked at it all times of the day and it is a virtual chameleon.
I love it!
The white of the porch and home aren't painted yet in these pictures.
And yet it still shows a crisp, clean look
The ceiling has a little more finishing as well
Isn't it pretty?
Last shot of ceiling
More painting of porch railings and house front
The floor has to be stained as well
I will be painting these Cracker Barrel Rockers
They really need it!
It was hard to do picking the right color.
I finally narrowed it down to two and let Chuck pick the one he liked best.
I thought it was a little too blue and darker than I would like.
I also wanted some aqua into the mix.
The sky overhead changes moment to moment here so it really doesn't matter.
I have grown to really like it!
Time was getting away we had to choose.
My girls will be happy with this little bit of color I've added!
Join me over at blog for more pictures and info. Link below
Sherwin Williams
SW 9063
Porch Ceiling
(that is the name)
For more information visit the website. I'd love to have you sign up for new posts as they come in. Just leave your email at the bottom of the webpage.
Dolly Sarrio

Questions on this post

Your question...
  3 questions
  • Val Val on Jan 30, 2017
    Can you please give the paint color and who its by? Thank you
  • Kathy Kathy on Feb 05, 2017
    Will you be posting your porch when you get it finished? I am sure I am not the only one that would love to see it.
  • Lyn Lyn on Feb 08, 2017
    You ought to sponge paint white clouds on that sky blue ceiling. What do you think?

Comments

4 of 120 comments
  • NWDL traveller NWDL traveller on Jun 10, 2020

According to the Trolley Tours in Key West the houses use the Haint Blue for porch ceilings to keep spiders and birds off the porch.

• Dolly Sarrio Dolly Sarrio on Jun 11, 2020

In earlier days the paint was made of different ingredients and they worked really well. I can truthfully say we've only had one bird try to nest, no spiders, the wasps stay away from the blue. They now like to build behind the shutters sadly, but none on the blue! I am so pleased with the look and the benefits.

• Indre Koch Indre Koch on Sep 17, 2020

I finally have a house with a front porch, enclosed, but still a porch. There are windows on three sides and about a 6inch drop from the ceiling with molding. I painted the porch white and the ceiling and drop in the palest aqua. I'm in love with that porch! it's definitely my quiet place.

• Dolly Sarrio Dolly Sarrio on Sep 17, 2020

Indre your porch sounds lovely! I'm so glad you have it and don't doubt you love it there! So glad you shared with us.

Next