Textured Wallpaper in Kitchen

$14

I wanted a easy and frugal update to my kitchen. FYI I just removed the wallpaper and it came right down. It lasted 3 years.

I cleaned the walls with bleach water then sanded briefly with sandpaper.

I then wiped all the walls down and dried once more.

I used $14 textured wallpaper from Lowes. I soaked the paper for 30 seconds, then folded together for 5 minutes before placing on the wall. It's called booking and it's to fully activate the glue on the back. I then used a tool to flatten against the wall. I then used a small cutting knife that provided a clean cut on corners.

I love the outcome so far. This wallpaper is textured and can also be painted.

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time

• Shawna Kittinger
    Shawna Kittinger

Do you remember the name that made the wallpaper because when I push the link it sends me to a different design then what's on yours and I want that exact design you have

• Wendi Walker
      Wendi Walker

Wallpaperdirect.com has everything you need plus tons of paintable wallpapers like the one in this project! You can even order samples for FREE. I'm not an employee or paid cheerleader, just a happy customer!

• Vanessa
    Vanessa

Did you seal to prevent staining from splashes

• Wendy
      Wendy

I used the same wallpaper but I painted and sealed it. I love silver so I bought some silver craft paint put on about 3 coats to get the best coverage. Then added about 5 coats of varathan. This may sound like a lot of work and it really wasn’t. It took a few days only because of drying time between coats. It’s been about 4 years it still looks great and I’m still lovin it.

• Janerose
    Janerose

can I do this on textured walls?

• Linda Abate
    Linda Abate

This is a really nice look for your kitchen. Is the paper washable? I would be apprehensive about using this around the sink or stove as cooking with food splattering or washing dishes and splattering might be a problem. Other than my concern, I think this is a great idea.

• Francine Musson
      Francine Musson

I papered my kitchen backsplash about 10 years ago with paintable wallpaper. I wanted it to look like old tin ceiling tiles. Painted the wallpaper silver. I believe the paint was Ralph Lauren. I have washed red sauce splatters etc., with no problem.

• Linda Abate
    Linda Abate

WOW, that is awesome. I am sure your backsplash looks awesome. Love the look of the tin tiles.