Textured Wallpaper in Kitchen

$14

I wanted a easy and frugal update to my kitchen. FYI I just removed the wallpaper and it came right down. It lasted 3 years.

I cleaned the walls with bleach water then sanded briefly with sandpaper.

I then wiped all the walls down and dried once more.

I used $14 textured wallpaper from Lowes. I soaked the paper for 30 seconds, then folded together for 5 minutes before placing on the wall. It's called booking and it's to fully activate the glue on the back. I then used a tool to flatten against the wall. I then used a small cutting knife that provided a clean cut on corners.

I love the outcome so far. This wallpaper is textured and can also be painted.

23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer

• Shawna Kittinger
    Shawna Kittinger

Do you remember the name that made the wallpaper because when I push the link it sends me to a different design then what's on yours and I want that exact design you have

• Wendi Walker
      Wendi Walker

Wallpaperdirect.com has everything you need plus tons of paintable wallpapers like the one in this project! You can even order samples for FREE. I'm not an employee or paid cheerleader, just a happy customer!

• Vanessa
    Vanessa

Did you seal to prevent staining from splashes

• Wendy
      Wendy

I used the same wallpaper but I painted and sealed it. I love silver so I bought some silver craft paint put on about 3 coats to get the best coverage. Then added about 5 coats of varathan. This may sound like a lot of work and it really wasn’t. It took a few days only because of drying time between coats. It’s been about 4 years it still looks great and I’m still lovin it.

• Janerose
    Janerose

can I do this on textured walls?

• Cyndi Barthelmess Cleary
    Cyndi Barthelmess Cleary

I have this in my kitchen and also on the ceiling in my bathroom..looks like a painted tin tile.

• Brenda L Herrling
    Brenda L Herrling

We purchased a home a month ago and this was done on our livingroom ceiling. I fixed the seams which had started to become unglued and painted. It is so pretty and bright again. I love the look. Here's the difference in this picture. Never thought about this for the kitchen. Love it and thanks for the share.