Textured Wallpaper in Kitchen

$14

I wanted a easy and frugal update to my kitchen.
I cleaned the walls with bleach water then sanded briefly with sandpaper.
I then wiped all the walls down and dried once more.
I used $14 textured wallpaper from Lowes. I soaked the paper for 30 seconds, then folded together for 5 minutes before placing on the wall. It's called booking and it's to fully activate the glue on the back. I then used a tool to flatten against the wall. I then used a small cutting knife that provided a clean cut on corners.
I love the outcome so far. This wallpaper is textured and can also be painted.

• Shannon Smith

I wonder how it would work if you put a matte finish polyurethane over it? It would prevent spotting and grease soaking I think. What's your thoughts on it?

• Shawna Kittinger

Do you remember the name that made the wallpaper because when I push the link it sends me to a different design then what's on yours and I want that exact design you have

• Wendi Walker

Wallpaperdirect.com has everything you need plus tons of paintable wallpapers like the one in this project! You can even order samples for FREE. I'm not an employee or paid cheerleader, just a happy customer!

• Vanessa

Did you seal to prevent staining from splashes

• Shawna Kittinger

I found out that allen and roth makes it and it's called squares. I can only find 1 roll on the WHOLE internet!!!! It is discontinued and must have been really popular! I guess I'm just gonna have to find another pattern that I like.. 😔

• Amy

Oh bummer! There were some very similar ones at Lowes website.

• Janice Davidson

This makes me happy. I found this same paper at Lowes on clarence years ago, for just a few $. I painted it with a satin Kitchen and bath premium latex paint. It has been up for 5 years and it looks as fresh and clean as the day I completed.