Friends Home Goods Exchange

+3
We have a circle of friends who exchange home goods where there is NO MONEY EXCHANGED. We email each other photos of items and let folks know what we are looking for and what you are willing to trade for it. I gave a woman three tall floor candle holders in exchange for a beautiful Home Interior mirror set. I used the set in my living room for about a year and a half and when I did a makeover on my guest bedroom, I moved the mirror set there. I then exchanged a coffee table for a bedroom accent chair and bed pillows.

This has worked out wonderfully for me. It saves money and it also makes it easier for me to part with something that has a bit of sentimental value to it. We also do this when we are trying to help people furnish their first apartment or home. We keep it local so there is no need to pay for shipping.
  • William William on Jan 24, 2017
    Barter and exchange! Very cool idea. Everyone has stuff stored away they don't need or use.

• Forestine Jackson Forestine Jackson on Jan 24, 2017
      Exactly William and what's more comforting is that you or someone you know are aware of the home it's coming from. I know it sounds weird but, bed bugs scare me from thrift shopping like I once did. Hope you try it sometime. What's even more exciting is when someone has vintage stuff to exchange. Thanks for commenting.

• Jane R. Jane R. on Jan 24, 2017
    Sounds great. I wish there was something like this where I live. I have things I need to part with, some are new, still in the box.

Maybe do a post on Facebook and ask people in your circle of friends to see if they have a need or know someone who has a need. Sometimes people just need a little bit of a nudge. Good luck!

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 25, 2017
    What a wonderful idea!!!

• Deanna Nassar Deanna Nassar on Jan 27, 2017
    I've seen some yard sale locations on Facebook. I think Freecycle is still working although people seem to not follow through with pick ups.