How should I style this vintage church window above my entry way?

+16
I found this AH-mazing salvaged window from a 1700s church that I plan to use above the door in my entryway of a bi-level home (that big open space above the door). The bottom left pane of glass is missing. I'm not sure how to arrange/style it and what else to put with it. Any ideas, Hometalkers?
q how should i style this vintage church window above my entry way, foyer
Salvaged window from a 1700s church
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 24, 2017
    Nice Score....The first idea that came to my mind is stained glass. https://www.pinterest.com/karlakay54/stained-glass/
  • Ellen Munzer Ellen Munzer on Jan 24, 2017
    stained glass or frosted glass for privacy and a lighted sconce on each side like this: http://www.shadesoflight.com/antique-victorian-inspired.html
  • C Crow C Crow on Jan 25, 2017
    Is the space where you want to hang this a solid wall (no windows)? If so, I think mirrors instead of the glass panes might be nice.
    • Lori Haught Harper Lori Haught Harper on Jan 26, 2017
      My comments aren't showing up so I apologize if I respond twice! The space is a solid wall, it's that big open space above the entryway door in a split-level or bi-level home. I really like the mirror idea - that would be gorgeous!
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 25, 2017
    I'm obsessed! Its GORGEOUS!!!! I'd love to see you fill it with stained glass, imagine how striking that would be?
  • Joanie Joanie on Jan 25, 2017
    Hillela G.: Thumbs up!!!!
  • Gail Gail on Jan 26, 2017
    I would leave as is (I love how rustic it is), and affix a simple wreath right in the center. Perhaps magnolia leaves?
  • Gail Gail on Jan 26, 2017
    I love the window and its shape, so I would go SIMPLE on the wreath. And, not so big that it would overtake the window...you want the old bones of the window to stand out!
  • Nan8823715 Nan8823715 on Jan 27, 2017
    A preserved boxwood wreath, not too large, would look so lovely in your very special and holy window!! Perfect for all year round, using a small double-looped sheer gray/white ribbon…so simple but very elegant!! So thrilled you are the proud owner of such a beautiful piece..
  • Marilyn Zaruba Marilyn Zaruba on Jan 29, 2017
    My first thought was MIRROR, but on *reflection* (pun intended, unfortunately) I like the idea of mercury glass.

Whatever you do will be GORGEOUS...such a wonderful window.
  • Lori Haught Harper Lori Haught Harper on Apr 24, 2017
    Here's the update! I ended up just going simple since the window was so huge (over 5' tall). I added a lavender wreath from JoAnn Fabrics, then my husband mounted it on the wall. The foyer made the perfect location for it and it kind of visually extends the living room space. I'm in LOVE!